It is easy to put a spin on a time tested method of celebrating a life, as seen with the popular theme, “Alternate To Happy Memorial Day.” The method originated in England and has been adopted by many nations across the world. Here are a few pointers to consider when planning your own version of the English version.
First, make your point in a unique and creative way. Many cultures and traditions have unique ways to mark a life. The United States of America was inspired by the British tradition of laying a wreath upon the grave or coffin of the recently departed. In our version of Alternate to Happy Memorial Day, we will use a debt snowball to collect money to pay off those who are contributing most to the emergency fund. This is a great way to honor the memory of a friend or family member without paying additional penny to the government for a holiday they may not be aware of or want. The snowball itself symbolizes the hard work needed to get out of debt.
Alternative to Happy Memorial Day 2022
Second, announce your intentions publicly. You may want to hold a service at a nearby park or at the local YMCA. It does not matter how long or small the gathering will be. This announcement will bring awareness to those who are concerned about the rising costs of living. When the crowd gathers, give everyone a quick overview of why the emergency funds are needed and how they can contribute. This is a great opportunity to build community spirit while raising funds for the cause.
Third, announce a new goal for the following month. Begin each alternate month by saying that you will work toward reaching that goal for that month. By declaring that you will no longer wait for the holiday to honor a loved one, the community will benefit from the added funds. The funds will go directly towards the emergency fund. Each month, as the funds remain in the account, the cost for that particular day will be decreased by the amount of money in the account.
Memorial Day Messages 2022 – Happy Memorial Day Quotes
1. All of us owe a debt to all those heroes who fought for our country, to whom we could never repay for their bravery and dedication….. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day!!!
2. Memorial Day is the day to remind to always remember the great sacrifices of our armed forces who did everything they could to defend our country and countrymen….. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to you.
3. A true American never asks what a country can do for him….. He always asks himself what he can do for his nation….. Let us celebrate Memorial Day with this noble thought…. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day.
4. Freedom always comes with a heavy price….. We also lost so many soldiers of our nation who fought to guard our freedom…. Though they will never return they will always stay alive in our memories….. Happy Memorial Day to you all.
5. Memorial Day celebrations are incomplete without saluting the strong and dedicated soldiers who sacrificed their lives for us….. Wishing you all a very Happy Memorial Day….. Let us remember and honor their bravery!!!
Happy Memorial Day Messages 2022
6. These fallen legends tell us about the strong character of a country that is nurtured with patriotism and pride….. Let us honor these brave men on the occasion of Memorial Day.
7. Never miss on an opportunity to go something good for the nation….. Memorial Day is the day to take inspiration from these motivating souls who lived for the country!!!
8. No love is better than love for the nation….. All those soldiers who laid their lives for the country have expressed the purest form of love in this world…. On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us promise to become patriots like them.
9. They are not there with us but they will always live in our memories….. Memorial Day is a sweet way to remember all the brave men and women who did not hesitate to give away their lives for the country.
10. We are a blessed county as our military has done every possible thing to get us freedom and protect us….. Make this Memorial Day special by remembering them in our prayers!!!
Fourth, begin a tradition of giving out money on the anniversary of the death. Contact family members and ask if they would like to participate. Draw names and set a limit for how much money can be raised. Those who participate will have the opportunity to talk about what their contributions mean to the fund raising and how it will help those who are still left behind.
By using an alternative to happy memorial day, you are providing a source of revenue that will not only benefit the cause but also provide financial relief to the individuals who have lost a loved one. If a holiday is still important to you, remember to raise funds ahead of time. The Emergency Fund needs to be available in case of an accident or illness. By following these four tips, you will find the Alternate to Happy Memorial Day a useful way to honor those who have departed.