6th October each year is an international Armed Forces Day, also known as Armistice Day. There are many organizations, which wish to celebrate this day with a great bang. This is the day when they pay tributes to all the people who lost their lives in the line of duty. Here some interesting Armed Forces Day Facts, History, Status, Poems, Wish and much more.
“The best thing about our nation is that although we face many challenges, we still manage to work together and stay a Nation. It is not easy, but I believe it is worth it. The best things in life are always worth the hard work, the hard fight and the long view.”
These were some interesting and inspiring words from President Barack Obama in his address on Armed Forces Day, which is on 6th October of every year. He said that as the years go by, we have learned to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. He also paid tribute to the nation’s commitment to ensuring the safety of its people. He also promised that each year, the United States of America will remain the strongest, most powerful and greatest nation to ever have existed on earth.
“On this day, as we commemorate the century that has passed since Pearl Harbor, let us also resolve to never forget the men who served, the memories they held, the dreams they dreamed, the courage they displayed, the valor they earned, the selfless service they performed – and for those who fell along the way, we will never forget their valor, their sacrifice and their love. In the spirit of the holiday, let us resolve to always remember and join our hands, our thoughts and our arms in a common cause to ensure the security and freedom for our citizenry and people around the world.” As usual, the President had a message for the nation, one that he hoped would be remembered and understood. As I read the words of his speech today, I couldn’t help but think of the sacrifice the armed forces had given to achieve our greatest goals.
Armed Forces Day Wishes, Status & Quotes:
- “All thanks to the rough and tough men who are guarding our lives and the borders of our country day and night. Warm wishes on Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “On the occasion of Armed Forces Day, let us express our gratitude to all those men and women who have kept country before comfort…”
- “They are the heroes we all must follow because they are the ones who truly inspire us. Wishing a very Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Till the time we have our brave soldiers protecting our borders, we have nothing to fear. Thanks to these heroes. Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Armed Forces Day will remind each one of us that we are so blessed to have our strong and brave men sacrificing their lives for us. Let us thank them all…”
- “It takes guts to be in the army. It takes guts to die for your nation. Wishing a very Happy Armed Forces Day to our soldiers…”
Happy Armed Forces Day Messages:
- “A soldier is not just an army man…. He is also a son, a brother, a husband, a father and a friend…. Salute to all those families and friends who send their sons to join the army and take care of the country…. A very Happy National Armed Forces Day to you…”
- “Let us not only honour the soldier who sacrifices his life for the country but also his family who honours this sacrifice with pride…. Let us bow our heads to these brave soldiers and their families….. Wishing you a very Happy Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Let us pray for all our soldiers and armed forces on USA Armed Forces Day for they are the ones who keep us save each and every day…”
- “Each and every day they dedicate every moment of their lives in the service of our motherland…. They are our real heroes…. Happy USA Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “We can sleep comfortably because we have our soldiers guarding our borders….. We can celebrate all the festivals because we know our army men are there to take care of the emergencies…. Let us send our warm wishes on Happy Armed Forces Day to our army….”
President Barack Obama used the third Saturday of May in 2021 to send a message of remembrance to all those who had given an unselfish service and fallen in the line of duty. Speaking at a ceremony on the grave of General John F. Kennedy, the President recalled the late First Lady’s commitment to the defense of the United States, her love of country, her unflagging support for the men and women of the United States armed forces, her unrivaled passion for service, and her steadfast resolve to keep the faith of those who serve in the military. She had said, “I never thought I’d see my name on a tombstone.” She had served as an admiral, a cabinet member, and had been a Senator from New York. John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963, while on a campaign swing in Florida.
Following the call for a memorial of the many fallen heroes of the armed forces, President Obama issued a statement saying; “The burdens of war should weigh heavily on the minds of those who take care of our nation’s soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines. Our troops deserve the best we can give them. We will not stop fighting for our freedoms. Our military is the same force that have put so much money and blood on the line for our country – and it is beyond time for our nation to come together to celebrate and honor the good work of these men and women do every day.” These are a number of famous American armed forces day quotes that can be posted online for everyone to view, along with the official military decorations for each day.