The celebration of Chimborazo Day is a festival in honor of the day that celebrated the Spanish conquistadors reaching the peak of the Sierra Madre Mountains. On this day, June, the community of San Miguel de Allende holds a special gathering to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of the Spanish soldiers. The tradition of climbing the Sierra Madre Mountains started from 1825. A small village called Chimalupujo was discovered by the conquistadors. In fact, many believe the village was already present during the time of the Spanish exploreriles.
Today, on the thirteenth of June, San Miguel is once again preparing to celebrate the climax of the celebrations. This time, however, the mountain Chimborazo is being treated not just as a celebration of progress, but as a commemoration of endurance. The indigenous communities of the area have long been practicing their own version of climbing the heights. The climbers come from all walks of life, including children, families, professionals, and older individuals who are determined to honor their heritage and history.
During the afternoon on the anniversary of the day that conquered the highlands of the mountains, the entire community of San Miguel de Allende gather on the plaza. There, they celebrate with music and dances. They also sing and dance traditional Mexican songs. When the sun sets, a ceremony will be held where the last peaks of the mountain are being conquered and replaced with grass fields. The celebration of the June festival ends with a grand feast that brings everybody together to eat. Afterwards, celebrators can take a walk around the volcanic scenery while sipping margaritas and enjoying the atmosphere of the mountain villages.
If you want to attend the celebration, make sure to make it to the most active volcano in the country. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful places in Mexico. When you get to the summit, you will be treated to a spectacular view of the capital city of Mexico as well as the dormant volcano. Because of its unique structure, there are many trails that take you closer to the active volcano as well as the trails to explore the park that surrounds it. If you stay at a hotel near the Chimborazo National Park, you will be able to arrange to have a guided tour of the park and the active volcano.
- The mountains, the backwoods, and the ocean, render men savage; they build up the wild, however yet don’t crush the human.Happy mountain day , spare them from being misused.
- _Remember that time spent on a stone trip isn’t subtracted from your life expectancy. So climb , travel and appreciate life.
- _Everybody needs to achieve the pinnacle. It is in the valley that we labor through the lavish grass and rich soil, learning and getting to be what empowers us to summit life’s next peak.Happy mountain day.
- _I’m an individual of the mountains and the open enclosures and the huge void sky, that is me, and I knew whether I spent too much time far from all that I’d kick the bucket; I don’t have a clue what of, I just realized I’d pass on.
- _Study how water streams in a valley stream, easily and unreservedly between the stones. Everything – even mountains, streams, plants and trees – ought to be your educator.
- _May your trails be screwy, winding, solitary, hazardous, prompting the most stunning perspective.
On the morning of the june day, you can expect to travel up to the thirty-second level where you will encounter open air roads which lead you to the summit. A path will take you directly away from the trail to the inactive volcano. Once there, you will see a spectacular view of the city and the surrounding forest. The view varies depending on what time of year it is but at certain times of the year, you will be able to see the Mayacamas mountains in the background. At the top of the mountain, a spectacular view of theory trees and the misty volcanic soil is visible.
From the summit, the trail will take you into a wide open area where you will be able to see the park that surrounds the Chimborazo volcano. At the end of this trail, you will be able to access the parking area where you can park your car and have a picnic. For individuals who are able to hike to the summit, Chimborazo Day is a fantastic way to add an adventure to your vacation. For those who would rather ride to the summit and then hike back, the panoramic views of the Ecuadorian countryside are a must do. As you can see, there are many ways to organize a Chimborazo Day Celebration.