Dana Perino is one of America’s top political pundits. She has been on the radio for over 20 years and her appearances on Fox News and CNN have earned her millions of dollars in fees. She has written numerous best sellers and has published numerous articles in leading journals and newspapers. Many media outlets are paying her large sums of money for interviews. Some of her interviews have been syndicated throughout the world.
Career. Dana Perino worked as a press secretary for, former President George W. Bush, for about four years. She was also a White House reporter covering the policy, politics and other issues.
As a political spokesperson, Dana Perino made herself into a world-famous celebrity. She appeared on several talk shows and was also an anchor for CNN. She negotiated the price of interviews with various leaders, which earned her about two six-figure salary per year.
Dana Perino Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 9 May 1972
- Birth Place: Evanston, Wyoming, USA
- Birth Name: Dana Marie Perino
- Nickname: Dana Perino
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Occupation: Political commentator, Author
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: White (Italian, English)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dana Perino Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 105 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 48 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 2″
- Height in Meters: 1.57 m
- Body Build/Type: Slim
- Body Measurements: 34-23-34 in (86-59-86 cm)
- Breast Size: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Waist Size: 23 inches (59 cm)
- Hips Size: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 32B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 5.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
Dana Perino Family Details
- Father: Leo Perino
- Mother: Janice “Jan” Perino
- Spouse/Husband: Peter McMahon (m. 1998)
- Children: Not yet
- Siblings: Angie Perino (Sister)
Dana Perino Education
- Ponderosa High School
- Colorado State University, Pueblo (BA)
- University of Illinois, Springfield (MA)
Dana Perino Facts
- She was born in Evanston, Wyoming, and grew up in Denver, Colorado.
- Works as a political commentator for Fox News.
- She was on her high school speech team.
- She is Dierks Bentley fan.
- She is friends with Stephen Hadley.
- She has a dog named Jasper.
- Her uncle and aunt own a bowling alley in Rawlins, Wyoming.
- She taught political communications part-time at George Washington University.
- She met her future husband, Peter McMahon on a flight to Denver, Colorado.
Dana Perino’s job as a political commentator was considered high profile. She was paid very well by Fox News Channel because of her popularity and her ability to speak on tough topics. She was among many other female press secretaries to receive special recognition at a White House Correspondents Commission luncheon in Washington, D.C. She was among many female correspondents to discuss the negative press surrounding the first lady’s health scare.
In 2021, Dana Perino moved to Fox News as a political commentator and co-host. She became one of the highest paid commentators at that time. She had already earned a lot of respect within the media industry as a well experienced reporter. However, she decided to move to another company, where her influence would be even greater. She was selected as the co-host of the Fox News show “The View,” which is hosted by Oprah Winfrey.
The pay for being a political commentator at Fox News is extremely good. In some instances, it is better than most journalists’ salary, especially when you consider the exposure that you would have if you were to move into another industry or another position in the government. Dana Perino may be making more than the average commentator, but she is still earning a respectable salary. If you are considering a career in political reporting or press secretaries, perhaps you should consider the experience and skills that Dana Perino has displayed.
When compared to other employees at the White House, Dana Perino’s salary is relatively low. The reason that she makes less than the other employees is because she has no managerial duties. She is not involved with the day to day running of the office, she is just a commentator and co-host of a program. The salary is determined by what position the White House chooses for her. The best way to earn more money and get more exposure is to pursue a higher paying job elsewhere.
Dana Perino started out as a telephone news reporter and worked her way up from there. She has also become a political writer, a communications expert, a radio talk show host, and a producer for CNN. These experiences give her valuable experience and knowledge in the field of communications and in the American president. Her insightful articles have brought light to some of the most pressing issues facing the country today.