Eid Al Fitr is a very special festival for the people of Syria. It is celebrated in the month of Ramadan and marks the end of Ramadan. This celebration is one of the major social gatherings of the Muslim community all over the world. During this time, people commemorate the blessed Eid and raise the Islamic symbol of Eid as high as possible to pray for the survival of their religion and their families. During this month, Muslims all over the world gather at local mosques and other places of worship and decorate themselves and their properties with new clothes, carpets and other items to mark the beginning of the month of Ramadan.
Eid Al Fitr marks the end of Ramadan and brings to an end the festivities. Some people consider it to be the start of the new year but I believe it should be looked from a spiritual point of view as well. The believers throughout the world who celebrate Eid Al Fitr mark it as a blessed time for family, friends and relatives to get together for some fun and joyous events. Some Eid celebrations are even planned and funded by Arab countries such as Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and others.
Eid Al Fitr celebrations in Syria mark a very important festival for the Syrian people. The ceremonies are very extravagant and expensive which makes them quite appealing to tourists from all over the world. There are many activities and tours that are organized throughout the months of Ramadan. A typical Syria holiday package will include a visit to the Great Mosque of al-Azhar in Cairo, the old city of Damascues and the modern cities of Xeroni, Quseir and Nazareth.
The main Eid celebration takes place on the anniversary of the hijacking of the holy temple in Mecca. The Holy Temple was captured by tribes from Mecca and transported to the Syrian city of Medina. They renamed it ‘Eid Al Fitr’ which is translated as ‘end of Ramadan’. The hijacking became a symbol for all the Arabs who were driven out or displaced during the war. This Eid marks the end of Ramadan and brings with it a plethora of activities and celebrations all across Syria.
Eid Al Fitr celebrations mark the beginning of the Islamic calendar year. The name of the festival is based on the name of the hijacking of the Holy Temple in Mecca. The month of Ramadan usually begins with the fasting of the Muslims all over the globe from dawn to sunset. This period is one of the most joyous occasions of the year and culminates with the breaking of the Ramadan fast. Eid Al Fitr celebrations thus commemorate the event and mark the beginning of the fasting period.
Eid Al Fitr celebrations are usually organized by the mosques in various parts of Syria, where followers of Islam all over the world gather to celebrate this holy day. The day is celebrated with great pomp and show, as all major cities in Syria and neighboring countries prepare for the gathering. The grandeur of the celebrations is highlighted by the presence of decorated tents and buildings, which usually include a massive fireworks display. Eid Al Fitr celebrations are undoubtedly the highlight of the Islamic calendar year and form an integral part of the Islamic culture that has witnessed many years of evolution.
Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes, Messages
- I hope this Eid brings peace, prosperity, and happiness to everyone’s life. Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah open the doors of happiness and prosperity for you. Eid Mubarak to you and your family.
- I wish you and your family a very joyful Eid. May Allah accept all your prayers and forgive all your faults. Eid Mubarak!
- Eid Mubarak to you and your family! May this Eid brings nothing but joy and peace for all. Have a safe and happy Eid day!
- May the divine happiness fill our homes and hearts. Wishing you all Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah (SWT) shower countless blessings on you because you deserve all of them. Wish you a very joyous eid, my love.
- Sending all my love and good wishes to you on this Eid. Happy Eid Mubarak, dear sister/brother.
- Before we ask for happiness and prosperity, we should ask for mercy. May Allah shower his mercy on us. Eid al-Fitr Mubarak!
- Every day is Eid for me when I’m with you. Sending lots of love to this Eid. Eid Mubarak.
- You are the reason why my life is so colorful each day. Let me make this Eid such a colorful one for you! Eid Mubarak my love!