Eid Al Adha, the Arabic name for the festival which falls on the seventh month of the Islamic calendar, is a traditional festival in many Arab nations. Eid marks the end of Ramadan and is a time for Muslims to celebrate and give thanks to God. Eid celebrations to mark the end of Ramadan and many Christians throughout the world prepare for this special day by fasting and abstaining from food and drink for the entire duration of the celebration. Muslims in Hong Kong also mark Eid with special gatherings and activities. The following article will explain when are Eid Al Adha in Hong Kong, and what local residents and travellers can do to celebrate this festive time.
Eid Al Adha in Hong Kong traditionally falls on the first day of the Islamic month of Ramadan – or Ramadan. This is a time when Muslims all over the world fast from dawn till sunset, and many areas in Hong Kong have special fasting schedules for locals. Many local Muslims mark Eid Al Adha by visiting the various mosques and observing the daily Muslim routine, as well as purchasing new clothes and accessories for worship. It is usual for Eid Al Adha celebrations to be very colourful, as people wish to thank God for his blessings upon them and the happiness they experience during the festival. Fireworks are usually the most prominent and spectacular element of the Eid celebrations.
The most popular Eid Al Adha celebrations take place on the evening of Eid Al Adha, which is regarded as the main day for gathering Muslims in Hong Kong. It is traditional for Eid Al Adha celebrations to be a time of relaxation and joy for local residents, so it is not surprising that there is a heavy police presence and lots of security personnel around the area during the night of Eid Al Adha. The main Eid Al Adha parade takes place early in the morning, before breaking for prayer in the early afternoon. For Eid Al Adha celebrations, it is usual for there to be a huge gathering of Muslims in the Mongkok area of the financial district, which can sometimes last up to two hours!
If you want to enjoy the festive season in the best way possible, you should definitely plan to visit the Eid celebrations in Hong Kong. There is always a great atmosphere of fun and joy in the area, and visitors are always happy to see all the local people in their colourful, energetic and happy attire! When you go to Eid celebrations in Hong Kong, you will see that locals are extremely jubilant and loud in their celebrations. It is common for there to be queues of more than one hundred people waiting to get into the Eid Festival square. You will see countless people running towards the river with lit lanterns and water bottles in hand, or enjoying games such as jumping over firebricks!
Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes Messages:
- “May God give you the happiness of heaven above. Happy Eid Mubarak To You All…”
- “Many are the wishes that are being sent your way, but this is a special one for a very Happy Eid Day 2022…”
- “May the divine blessings of Allah fill your home and heart with the spirit of joy and open up newer opportunities for success…Happy Eid Mubarak 2022…”
- “I wish you all a very happy and peaceful Eid. May Allah accept your good deeds, forgive your transgressions and ease the suffering of all peoples around the globe. Eid Mubarak Wishes 2022…”
- “May this day bring peace and smoothness in your life, may it provide you the best time of your life. Happy Eid day Day 2022…”
- “It’s a day of rejoicing and bliss; it’s a day of blessing and peace; it’s a day to reflect and ponder; it’s a day to celebrate together…”
- “As you offer your sacrifices,
I wish that Allah showers his divine blessings and fulfills all your dreams on Eid and always.
Happy EID Mubarak 2022…”
- “May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always. Eid Mubarak 2022…”
- “May the day delight and the moments measure all the special joys for all of you to treasure. May the year ahead be fruitful too, for your home and family and especially for you. Happy Eid Mubarak To You…”
There are many other activities you can enjoy while you are at Eid celebrations in Hong Kong. You could join in with the local children when they throw the traditional Chinese New Year “opian moon” party in the early hours of the New Year. They usually do this by drawing water from a pail and releasing it onto the floor. The water bounces on the floor, scented with soy sauce and wine, and when the noise of the water ripples through the room, you can expect the fun to start! If you have your own projector, or even better a projector and loud sound system, you can also watch the New Year in its entirety from the comfort of your seats in one of the bars in the central square.
Eid celebrations in Hong Kong are also full of fun games and activities. Young children love to take part in the guessing game where they try and guess what the different animals in the Eid Festival are called. In addition to games and fun, there is food and of course lots of food! The main Eid festival foods include meat, chicken, and lamb; you will also find desserts such as ice cream and sorbet. Whatever you choose to eat, remember that you should enjoy yourself and try not to take too much food home with you – the locals will be doing that!