Elizabeth Perkins is American actresses. Her most well-known film roles have been in Big, About Last Night, Big & Tall, The Flintstones, and M*A*S*H. Elizabeth was born in Harlem, New York City, and grew up with a father who was an artist and a mother who was a talented writer. She attended the Manhattan Academy of Arts for just three years, before dropping out to pursue her acting career. Since then, she’s appeared in a variety of well-known films, including Big and Tall, Arthur, The Pursuit of Happyness, The Damned United, Edward Scissorhands, and Pleasantville.
Elizabeth has had an interesting career. Before her famous height and well-known screen appearances, Elizabeth Perkins was once an American television actress. She played the title role in the pilot of “The Price is Right” for ABC. Elizabeth was also one of the leads in the popular series “The Incredible Adventures of P.B. Jones.”
Elizabeth’s other film roles have been in other popular American comedies, including The Heartbreak Kid, Get Shorty, American Pie, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, High School Confidential, and Down and Out in New York. She’s also spent some time on Broadway, playing the title role in the musical Anastasia in Rent. Elizabeth’s most well-known TV role would be the role of Elizabeth Bennington in the TV series Housewives, for which she earned an honorable mention in the Greatest Show on Earth list for the fourth season.
Elizabeth Perkins Personal Information
- Date Of Birth: 18 November 1960
- Age: 60 Years Old
- Birth Place: Queens, New York City, New York, USA
- Birth Name: Elizabeth Ann Perkins
- Nickname: Elizabeth
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: White (Greek, English)
- Religion: Christian
- Hair Color: Red
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Elizabeth Perkins Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 128 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Meters: 1.73 m
- Body Measurements: 36-26-36 in (91-66-91 cm)
- Breast Size: 36 inches (91 cm)
- Waist Size: 26 inches (66 cm)
- Hips Size: 36 inches (91 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 36B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 8.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
Elizabeth Perkins Family Details
- Father: James Perkins (Businessman, farmer, and writer)
- Mother: Jo Williams (Concert pianist and drug treatment counselor)
- Spouse/Husband: Julio Macat (m. 2000), Terry Kinney (m. 1984-1988)
- Children: Hannah Jo Phillips (Daughter) (born September 1, 1991)
- Siblings: She has two older sisters.
Elizabeth Perkins Education
- Northfield Mount Hermon School
- DePaul University
- The Theatre School at DePaul University
Elizabeth Perkins Facts
- Her father was a businessman, farmer, and writer, and her mother was a concert pianist and drug treatment counselor.
- She made her film debut in About Last Night (1986).
- She is an animal lover. She has one dog named Buster and another named Lulu.
Elizabeth Perkins’ early life is well documented. She was born in Omaha, Nebraska, the second of five children of Mary Fuller, who was a young mother who struggled to support the family. Elizabeth grew up in poverty, struggling to make ends meet as the only child of a single parent. Her father died when she was nineteen years old, leaving her with only her mother to support the family. She attended the University of Omaha, earning a degree in English, before going on to study acting in New York City.
Elizabeth became known as one of the more attractive and capable young actresses during her tenure on Broadway, landing several film roles in the process. She appeared in the movies Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Take Me Away, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, as well as guest spots on Several Short Films. Perkins was also nominated for an Academy Award for her role in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, as well as for her work on the television show Frasier. Elizabeth Perkins was also nominated for an Emmy for her contribution to the series King of the Hill, winning for her role as the aging Rose.
Elizabeth Perkins has since enjoyed a number of varied acting assignments, ranging from minor roles on shows such as All About Eve, Frasier, Cheers, Friends, and The X-Files to more mainstream roles on shows such as Seinfeld and Married with Children. In recent years, Elizabeth has been nominated for an Academy Award for her portrayal of nurse Leovy on the television show ER. Her feature film credits include the film’s Zoolander, Edward Scissorhands, and American History X. Elizabeth has also had some small role parts in the TV series Raising Helen, E.T. She is currently up for an undisclosed role in the forthcoming blockbuster X-Men movie. Elizabeth is probably best known to audiences when her co-stars on the hit television sitcom ER perform the wacky Sitcom romances that are common among the show.