Gayle King is a journalist, author, public speaker and television personality for CBS News, contributing to its flagship evening news show, CBS This Morning. She is currently an editor-in-chief for O, The Oprah Magazine. Prior to becoming a journalist, she worked as a writer for the humor magazine, Aspen Times, for twelve years. She has also worked in radio at the now-defunct WPLR in Tampa Bay, Florida. King is best known for her memoir, titled: Gayle King: A Memorable Memoir.
Gayle King is a fierce competitor in the world of professional wrestling. She is best known as a commentator on the world of professional wrestling, TNA, WWE and ECW. She has interviewed some of the world’s top stars including wrestling legends Ric Flair and Ricochet. Gayle King has interviewed some of the most influential people in her career, which includes former President Bill Clinton, Democratic Presidents, hip hop artist Jay Z, supermodels Christy Turlington and Jennifer Lopez.
Gayle King has won numerous awards for her reporting. She has been named to the prestigious Cable News Network’s “Web Guide” for Best Journalist in 2021 and was also selected as the “GOAT” pick for the 2021 Outstanding Columnist category. King routinely appears on the television network news broadcasts, which are carried by millions of viewers. She has also appeared several times on CNN as a guest reporter. Gayle King is one of only a few women in the entire country to be named as a “TV Stars” on CNN.
Gayle King Personal Information
- Date Of Birth: 28 December 1954
- Birth Place: Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA
- Residence: New York City, New York, USA
- Birth Name: Gayle King
- Nickname: Gayle
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Television personality
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: African American
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Gayle King Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 150 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 68 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Meters: 1.78 m
- Body Shape: Hourglass
- Body Build/Type: Average
- Body Measurements: 38-29-40 in (97-74-102 cm)
- Breast Size: 38 inches (97 cm)
- Waist Size: 29 inches (74 cm)
- Hips Size: 40 inches (102 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 36B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Dress Size: 12 (US)
Gayle King Family Details
- Father: Scott King (Electrical engineer)
- Mother: Peggy King (Housewife)
- Spouse/Husband: William Bumpus (m. 1982–1993)
- Children: Kirby Bumpus (Daughter), William Bumpus Jr. (Son)
- Siblings: Unknown
Gayle King Education
- University of Maryland
Gayle King Facts
- She has two college degrees, one in sociology and one in psychology.
- She is best friends with Oprah Winfrey.
- She joined O, The Oprah Magazine as an editor in 1999.
- She often jokes about her size-10 feet, that are the same size as those of her best friend, Oprah Winfrey.
- She was married to William Bumpus from 1982 until 1993.
Gayle King grew up in Southern California, where she interned at KNET TV in Los Angeles as a teenager. After becoming a journalist, she moved to Boston, Massachusetts, and worked at the Boston Globe as a reporter covering local business and politics. She has also served as a producer and writer for several award-winning shows on both coasts.
King currently serves as the co-anchor of Coverage, an online news source from CNN. She also produces a weekly segment on the Fox Business Report with her partner, Steve Klein. As a result of her coverage of local business and politics, Gayle King is often referred to as America’s Sports Columnist. She also covers major political events for the cable news networks and contributes articles to several online publications.
Gayle King currently serves as the host of a popular program on the Fox network called America’s Sports Column. She also is the writer and producer of another popular program for the network, the Slate Network’s Up Frontiers. Gayle King will be promoting a special one-hour special of her nationally syndicated radio show, hosted by her partner, Steve Klein, which will air on FOX News Radio on Thursday, July 14 at 9am PT. In addition, she will be doing a one hour special for the Fox Business Report, also on Thursday, July 14 at 9am PT.