Happy Armed Forces Day, the 4th Monday of April, marks the beginning of the Armed Forces Day celebration in United States. It is a national holiday that honors the valour, professionalism and patriotism of the personnel of the US Army, Navy and Air Force. It is also observed as a day to celebrate the soldiers and sailors who have given their lives for the nation. It is a day when soldiers and sailors alike take to the streets to meet and greet each other as they exchange greeting cards and visit local restaurants for dinner. In fact, Happy Armed Forces Day in United States is very much rooted on the history of this date when it was actually commemorated on the nineteenth of April, as a commemoration of the end of the Battle of Gettysburg.
The first Happy Armed Forces Day celebration took place nearly ninety years back in 1917. On this day, the American Conscription Service conducted a program called Home Before the Fire. It was a program organised to help draft-up American soldiers before battle. The event marked the end of the Draft and the induction of military men into the armed forces.
Happy Armed Forces Day is a celebration to recognise the men and women who have given their lives for the nation. This year, on the day that marks the dedication of nearly 676th Military Trainee Casualty, there will be a moment of silence for those who have given their lives for the US Army, Navy or the Air Force. The President of the United States, Barack Obama, along with his family, is also expected to submit a speech in front of the assembled dignitaries. Earlier, in January, he had dedicated the National Mall in Washington, DC to veterans and their families. The mall is meant to be the resting place for the remains of the fallen soldiers.
As per a United States Army Leadership Problematic Command (CAPC) report, released in February, there are still many issues to be sorted out to celebrate happy Armed Forces day. These include how to pay the expenses of the Armed Forces and meet the requirements of the retirees. The report states that the government is looking into giving every veteran the choice of using a different credit card for financial expenses. The military must be able to continue to meet their requirements or face a serious crisis, the report said.
Happy Armed Forces Day Messages
1. Each and every soldier of a country holds the pride of the nation…. Let us salute the strong and the brave army men and women of our nation who are always there for us, guarding us and keeping us safe…. Warm wishes on National Armed Forces Day.
2. National Armed Forces Day is a reminder for all the civilians to thank their army for being the protector of the country and its countrymen….. It is the day to honour their sacrifices and their fearless spirit…. Sending you Happy National Armed Forces Day wishes.
3. A soldier is not just an army man…. He is also a son, a brother, a husband, a father and a friend…. Salute to all those families and friends who send their sons to join the army and take care of the country…. A very Happy National Armed Forces Day to you.
4. Let us not only honour the soldier who sacrifices his life for the country but also his family who honours this sacrifice with pride…. Let us bow our heads to these brave soldiers and their families….. Wishing you a very Happy National Armed Forces Day.
5. We can sleep comfortably because we have our soldiers guarding our borders….. We can celebrate all the festivals because we know our army men are there to take care of the emergencies…. Let us send our warm wishes on National Armed Forces Day to our army.
6. Army is the biggest strength for any country and also the pride of the country…. We are blessed to have such a strong and competent army force which has the potential to conquer our enemies with their strength and passion for nation….. Happy National Armed Forces Day.
7. Love for the nation is the only feeling which makes an ordinary man an army man…. Let us honour and thank all the army men who put their nation and countrymen before themselves and their families…. Wishing you a very Happy National Armed Forces Day.
USA Armed Forces Day Thank you Messages
11. With all our heart, we thank our armed forces for fulfilling all their duties and responsibilities and protecting all of us….. Best wishes on USA Armed Forces Day!!!
12. Let us pray for all our soldiers and armed forces on USA Armed Forces Day for they are the ones who keep us save each and every day.
13. Each and every day they dedicate every moment of their lives in the service of our motherland…. They are our real heroes…. Happy USA Armed Forces Day!!!
Every US citizen including women and children are required by law to purchase a birthday card bearing the insignia of the US Army. This is necessary as the emblem represents the service and sacrifices made by the soldiers. It is a fitting tribute to our nation’s heroes and therefore it should be celebrated every day in the best way possible. In addition, we have a rich tradition of observing Thanksgiving Day and the importance of being thankful for what we have is evident by the fact that people are celebrating Food Cuts Day on the second Monday of October. In this article I have highlighted some of the ways how we wish our Armed Forces personnel on their successful service to our nation:
Happy Armed Forces Day! Send your happy and well wishes to our troops anytime throughout the year. There is no special date for this event and you may send your greetings anytime. Your message could be simple and it could also be a detailed one. There are several companies that offer greeting cards and other kinds of wishes online. You may select any of them according to your budget and personal wish list.