After a week of conflict and deadly bombings in Egypt, the streets are opening wide for Eid celebration. Thousands of Egyptians celebrate Eid with fireworks, firecrackers and lanterns along the Nile. Across the Gulf, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain too are celebrating with massive fireworks display. The unity that these nations exhibit during this festival is a testimony of their resolve to defeat terrorism and restore stability.
Eid is a special day for the family and friends. This is the end of Ramadan and is a time for the bride to be to wear her kaftan and veil (only after she gets the green signal from her guardians). After the ceremony the bride and groom head to the mosque and give their first interview as husband and wife to the mullah. The wreath ceremony (where the bride is covered with flowers) starts this evening. The bride and groom then head to the dinner venue and share a meal with relatives and friends before enjoying fireworks display. It is customary for a camel to pass through the room’s window as he burns the wedding garland.
Once the guests have left, the newlywed couple goes back home to their house for a small celebration. The Eid Al-Fitr or New Year celebration is a time for giving thanks to the guests and family. It is also the time for the bride to start her new chapter in life. The groom throws a dinner party for his friends, where he gets to show off his newest acquisitions – the ring bearer who carries the bride’s ring.
During this dinner the guests give their blessings on the happy couple. A number of children also wish them a successful marriage. The bride and groom take down the crystal tablet as an offering to God. Before the Al-Fitr prayer, they are asked to repeat three prayers – Allahu-Dau wali Allah, Allahu-Nabi (God is great), Haifa (for you and your family), and Karneela (give thanks).
Happy Eid Mubarak Wishes
- Eid Mubarak! May Allah fulfill all your dreams and hopes.
- May the blessings of Allah be with you and your family forever and always. Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah bless your life and fulfill all your wishes and Dua’s. Eid Mubarak.
- I hope this Eid brings peace, prosperity, and happiness to everyone’s life. Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah open the doors of happiness and prosperity for you. Eid Mubarak to you and your family.
- I wish you and your family a very joyful Eid. May Allah accept all your prayers and forgive all your faults. Eid Mubarak!
- Eid Mubarak to you and your family! May this Eid brings nothing but joy and peace for all. Have a safe and happy Eid day!
- May the divine happiness fill our homes and hearts. Wishing you all Eid Mubarak!
- May Allah (SWT) shower countless blessings on you because you deserve all of them. Wish you a very joyous eid, my love.
- Sending all my love and good wishes to you on this Eid. Happy Eid Mubarak, dear sister/brother.
- Before we ask for happiness and prosperity, we should ask for mercy. May Allah shower his mercy on us. Eid al-Fitr Mubarak!
- Every day is Eid for me when I’m with you. Sending lots of love to this Eid. Eid Mubarak.
- You are the reason why my life is so colorful each day. Let me make this Eid such a colorful one for you! Eid Mubarak my love!
The wedding feast is provided in the honor of the two families. Eid Al-Fitr brings joy and happiness not only for the groom and his family, but also for all the friends and relatives who have attended the function. The meal is spread with lots of juicy fruits and vegetables. As part of the ritual the bride and groom light incense stick and release them into the fire. Later on, the whole dinner is turned into a dance party, which the bride and groom perform to celebrate their new status as husband and wife.
After the wedding party is over, guests bid the groom and the bride a blessed Eid. The couple then goes their separate ways. Some people believe that this is one of the oldest Muslim wedding traditions.