On the sixth day of the seventh month of the year, on the first Sunday of the seventh year of the Japanese lunar calendar, on the stroke of midnight in the west, in front of the Tokyo dome, a huge red carpet is laid out in the city of Tokyo, to honor all men who have sacrificed for their country. There are traditional crafts, historical documents and messages of wisdom that have been engraved into the carpet, to commemorate the great efforts made by men all over the world, in order to secure peace and unity in the region. This is also a day where people from all walks of life come together, to celebrate the unique connection that they share with their father. The special day for men is celebrated with much joy and happiness in many different countries all around the world.
The first tradition to be followed on this special day of fatherhood, was the creation of the first national Japanese flower, the cherry blossom. The cherry blossom symbolizes purity and a token of respect for the mothers, the grandmothers, and all women that gave their lives in order to raise their children. On this day, fathers in Japan wear white blazers and take away their veils (yakudan). The only item of clothing that they are allowed to wear is a sash, which does not cover the face. Their hair is usually tied up in a manner to resemble a crown, and they wear white make-up on their faces, to resemble a princess.
Other traditions on this special day include dedicating a small corner of the day to the outdoors, and it being the fathers’ day where they can indulge themselves in all kinds of outdoor pursuits. Fishing, hiking, taking a walk on the beach, and photography are a few popular choices. A unique tradition in Japan is to give gifts to children that they have not seen for several years, such as stuffed bears that they have grown out of. A lot of fathers in Japan also keep a small collection of DVDs of classic movies, with a red carpet and a basket of popcorn, which they pass down from father to child. Fathers in Japan hold an important place in their families’ lives, and many times take great pride in be fathers and in raising their children.
It’s not just in Japan, where fathers enjoy celebrating Father’s Day in style. American fathers everywhere take the day very seriously and make sure that it has everything that they possibly can. Father’s Day in America includes an extra element of fun: sports for dad to participate in. Most Americans hold a special day in the US for their dads and dedicate it to one of three things: baseball, football, or golf. If you’re father likes any of these sports, he can head out to the ballpark on Father’s Day in style!
Happy Father’s Day Wishes
- Happy Father’s Day to the best father in the universe. I love you!
- Dear Father, Happy Father’s Day to you! You are the best!
- Happy Father’s Day! May God always shower you with boundless happiness!
- Happy Father’s Day! You mean everything to me. I love you so much!
- Thanks to every father in the world for making this world a better place for us. Happy Father’s Day!
- Having an amazing dad like you is a real blessing. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Fathers are real superheroes. They may not have superpowers but they always have a super heart and a super spirit. Happy Fathers Day to all Dads!
- Happy Father’s day to you, Dad! Thank you for always taking up my side in any argument and saving me from mom’s scolds till now! Love you!
- I know I never tell you this often. But I love you, dad.
- Happy Fathers Day! You have always been the most supportive and friendly dad in the world.
- Happy Fathers Day! You always made me feel special with your love and care
- Happy Father’s Day! You are the real superman. Thanks for everything you do.
- Thanks for making all the sacrifices silently and working hard just to get us a better life! I love you, happy fathers day dad!
- Happy fathers day, daddy. May you receive much joy and stay blessed!
- I am lucky to have you in my life. You are the best dad in the whole universe. I love you! Happy Father’s Day 2021!
- I’m a lucky daughter cause I’ve got a Dad so sweet that all my friends wish they had. Happy Fathers Day Papa!
- Thank you for always being the shield that protects our family from sorrow and despair. Our kids must be feeling so blessed for having such a wonderful father. Happy Fathers Day, Husband!
- Dear Dad, Happy Father’s Day! You have put every superhero on shame because you are stronger than Hulk and smarter than Ironman!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Thank You for always having my back!
- I can never Thank God enough for the best gift of my life. He made me the happiest by giving you as my Dad! Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
- A father is always a guiding light to his children whose love shows the way. Happy Father’s Day.
On Fathers Day in Japan, the traditional attire is a simple suit with a red tie. Since this is also the busiest day of the year for Japanese men, most men will probably choose to go out in business attire. Many men will opt to wear khaki pants and a plain, solid colored shirt. They may not buy a white T-shirt with a photo of their family on it. Many men will simply purchase red and white striped socks and a red bow tie.
The traditional fathers day dinner in Japan will also include food such as sushi, which is abundant during the summer. For dessert, most restaurants will serve up cakes that are in the shape of boys or dolphins. The main course will be Japanese, white quail or salmon. Since American dads won’t be watching the kids during their special day, you might want to make sure that your dinner is a bit more healthy!