Happy Father’s Day in South Korea is celebrated every year on the third Sunday of the month of April. This is a very traditional time for families to get together and spend some time with their loved ones. It is also a time to give thanks to all those who have made it possible for you to be able to enjoy this privilege of being a father. The event that most of us take for granted is the right to be a father. In a country where child birth rate is very high, it is hard to see how this could be seen as a great achievement but it is.
Celebrating Father’s Day each year makes it easier for people in South Korea to appreciate the work and sacrifices that fathers make. In most societies around the world, especially those which are the most developed, the concept of fatherhood is still quite new. Even in the United States, few fathers are seen as being involved in raising children. But in the case of South Korea, where the practice of placing children above a man is very entrenched, the day is a celebration of fatherhood and an excuse to spend time with your family.
In the United States, fatherhood does not carry the same meaning that it does in other countries and cultures. In other words, if a father is working and making a decent salary, he is considered fit to be in charge of his family. If a man is a father, he is looked upon as a provider for his family and his wife in particular. However, in South Korea, this is not really the case.
Father’s Day in South Korea is more of a celebration of nuclear families. A nuclear family is one where parents live in separate residences but both remain in constant contact with each other through visits and phone calls. Most nuclear families in South Korea are very happy with the arrangement. This is because they are able to spend time with their children without having to go through the trauma of seeing their parents angry and verbally attacking each other on a daily basis.
Children do not seem to view Father’s Day as a negative event. Quite the opposite in fact. Children look forward to Father’s Day with excitement and wonder. They look forward to Father’s Day because their parents spend a lot of time with them and because they love their father and want to spend time with him as well.
Happy Father’s Day Wishes
- Happy Father’s Day to the best father in the universe. I love you!
- Dear Father, Happy Father’s Day to you! You are the best!
- Happy Father’s Day! May God always shower you with boundless happiness!
- Happy Father’s Day! You mean everything to me. I love you so much!
- Thanks to every father in the world for making this world a better place for us. Happy Father’s Day!
- Having an amazing dad like you is a real blessing. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Fathers are real superheroes. They may not have superpowers but they always have a super heart and a super spirit. Happy Fathers Day to all Dads!
- Happy Father’s day to you, Dad! Thank you for always taking up my side in any argument and saving me from mom’s scolds till now! Love you!
- I know I never tell you this often. But I love you, dad.
- Happy Fathers Day! You have always been the most supportive and friendly dad in the world.
- Happy Fathers Day! You always made me feel special with your love and care
- Happy Father’s Day! You are the real superman. Thanks for everything you do.
- Thanks for making all the sacrifices silently and working hard just to get us a better life! I love you, happy fathers day dad!
- Happy fathers day, daddy. May you receive much joy and stay blessed!
- I am lucky to have you in my life. You are the best dad in the whole universe. I love you! Happy Father’s Day 2021!
- I’m a lucky daughter cause I’ve got a Dad so sweet that all my friends wish they had. Happy Fathers Day Papa!
- Thank you for always being the shield that protects our family from sorrow and despair. Our kids must be feeling so blessed for having such a wonderful father. Happy Fathers Day, Husband!
- Dear Dad, Happy Father’s Day! You have put every superhero on shame because you are stronger than Hulk and smarter than Ironman!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Thank You for always having my back!
- I can never Thank God enough for the best gift of my life. He made me the happiest by giving you as my Dad! Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
- A father is always a guiding light to his children whose love shows the way. Happy Father’s Day.
A lot of children also have a personal reason to celebrate this special day with their father. In the North, most children will see their father on Father’s Day. If there is a celebration in the South, it is more likely celebrated in the afternoon or early evening when everyone else in the family is home. This is a special day, where children are given gifts, cuddly teddy bears and more. But the greatest gift on this day is something more than these gifts. It is the father’s love, his devotion and caring that children have to celebrate on this day that will always be remembered as one of the happiest days in their lives.