Happy Father’s Day in Ukraine is a special day, because its name sounds exactly like what people say when they talk about their favorite Father’s Day: “Happy Father’s Day in Ukraine.” It is a very colorful and festive celebration, which features the best of all possible traditions and cultures. From Sunday to Friday, this day is celebrated across the country. On Saturday, government buildings, churches, and museums are decorated with red and white ribbons, flower arrangements, and other accoutrements in memory of Father’s Day.
The tradition of celebrating father’s day in Ukraine has been in existence for centuries, and on this day in particular, it is marked by the sending of gifts and flowers to all male family members, relatives, friends, and associates. Sometimes, the gifts and flowers are not real – it is only symbolic, as on that particular day many boys give their father a bouquet of flowers, which his wife then wraps and puts in a vase for the home. This tradition originated with peasant families who had no way to buy them a gift, and so they sent their sons and brothers with small gifts in exchange for their father’s loyalty and devotion to them. In fact, many peasant families still send their sons and brothers with flowers on this day. Over the years, as the country developed and more developed its culture, traditions kept evolving and changing, but on this day, the gifts and flowers remained the same.
Today, the celebration of fathers’ day in Ukraine is very diverse. The celebration of this day does not require giving anything away – in fact, many men choose to donate money to help with family expenses rather than giving their daughters or sons gifts. Many of the celebration sites and events of this day are organized by the government, while some of the others are organized by local parishes. The parishes themselves organize the picnic and dinner, while the family members and friends just gather around the celebration sites.
In many ways, Ukraine is very similar to many countries in Europe where people do not celebrate father’s day too widely or at all. Because it does not have a national holiday for father’s day in the country, people do not go out to buy cards and gifts for their loved ones. Instead, people prefer to give them gifts or money. In some areas of the country, there are special organizations that provide money as a donation to help the family with various needs. On this day, people give money to a special person who is known as a” Father’s helper” – instead of a husband or wife, a son or daughter, or a mother or father.
Happy Father’s Day Message, Wishes 2022
- Happy Father’s Day to the best father in the universe. I love you!
- Dear Father, Happy Father’s Day to you! You are the best!
- Happy Father’s Day! May God always shower you with boundless happiness!
- Happy Father’s Day! You mean everything to me. I love you so much!
- Thanks to every father in the world for making this world a better place for us. Happy Father’s Day!
- Having an amazing dad like you is a real blessing. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!
- Fathers are real superheroes. They may not have superpowers but they always have a super heart and a super spirit. Happy Fathers Day to all Dads!
- Happy Father’s day to you, Dad! Thank you for always taking up my side in any argument and saving me from mom’s scolds till now! Love you!
- I know I never tell you this often. But I love you, dad.
- Happy Fathers Day! You have always been the most supportive and friendly dad in the world.
- Happy Fathers Day! You always made me feel special with your love and care
- Happy Father’s Day! You are the real superman. Thanks for everything you do.
- Thanks for making all the sacrifices silently and working hard just to get us a better life! I love you, happy fathers day dad!
- Happy fathers day, daddy. May you receive much joy and stay blessed!
- I am lucky to have you in my life. You are the best dad in the whole universe. I love you! Happy Father’s Day 2021!
- I’m a lucky daughter cause I’ve got a Dad so sweet that all my friends wish they had. Happy Fathers Day Papa!
- Thank you for always being the shield that protects our family from sorrow and despair. Our kids must be feeling so blessed for having such a wonderful father. Happy Fathers Day, Husband!
- Dear Dad, Happy Father’s Day! You have put every superhero on shame because you are stronger than Hulk and smarter than Ironman!
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Thank You for always having my back!
- I can never Thank God enough for the best gift of my life. He made me the happiest by giving you as my Dad! Happy Fathers Day Daddy!
- A father is always a guiding light to his children whose love shows the way. Happy Father’s Day.
Another way that the celebration of fathers’ day in Ukraine is different from the way it is celebrated in other parts of the world is in the gifts that people bring to the celebrator during this day. In most of the European countries, people are celebrating this day with gifts such as wine and cheese, whereas in the former country, people prefer to bring flowers and gifts. The reason behind is simple – roses and carnations are considered to be symbols of love, while in other countries they are considered to be unacceptable. As such, flowers and chocolate are the most popular gifts that people tend to give on this day.
On this day, children in the Ukraine celebrate by throwing bread dough by a fire. This is done by both the mother and father. The mother starts the fire and the father assist her in lighting the fire. They then eat the bread together. The celebration ends with the father’s dinner, a special feast for his family. Flowers and gifts are also exchanged between the father and his wife on this day.