Happy Memorial Day! We mark this special occasion each year with much emotion. Memorial Day is a time to honor and pay tribute to all those who have given their lives to protect and serve the United States of America.
Salute those who made the ultimate sacrifice for something greater than themselves. Who gave everything they had to risk for the welfare and freedom of the United States of America. They never came home to enjoy their sacrifice, but their dedication lives on in the form of new sacrifices that are made by those who follow in their footsteps. Let us remember Memorial Day to honor and salute every single life lost in the line of duty.
A long time ago before we were born, our great heroes went to battle for this great nation. Today, we are still proud to honor them with a luncheon speech delivered at the conclusion of a funeral or memorial service. At a time in history when it is easy to be critical of others, we owe it to those who served to keep us strong. During the course of history, many people have given of their time, talent, and even their life to protect and serve this nation. A great example of this is the individuals who refused to yield to cowardice and save their fellow countrymen from destruction in World War Two.
Our nation is indeed a shining example of what can be accomplished when we work together for the common good. Through Memorial Day, let us once again send our warm wishes of condolences to those whose lives have been lost in service to protect and serve the freedoms we cherish. Let’s also recognize those who have given everything to protect us as a nation and who continue to serve on our nation’s behalf in defense of our Constitution and the American way of life. It is essential that all of us extend our gratitude to all who have given to our nation and we must always keep our traditions alive among those who have given up everything for the good of all.
Happy Memorial Day Greeting Quotes:
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime…” ~Adlai E. Stevenson II
- “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them…” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men…” ~Minot J. Savage
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world. A veteran does not have that problem…” ~Ronald Reagan
- “For the love of country, they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue…” ~James A. Garfield
- “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it…” ~Unknown
Happy Memorial Day 2021 Sayings:
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country…” –Benjamin Franklin
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels…” –Claudia Pemberton
- “Home of the free, because of the brave…” –Unknown
- “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country…” –Nathan Hale
- “Memorial Day celebrate, honor, remember…” –Unknown
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree…” –Thomas Campbell
- “In the aftermath, we are because they were…” –RJ Heller
- “Here men endured that a nation might live…” –Herbert Hoover
On this very special Memorial Day, let us pause to remember the sacrifices our veterans make in defence of our freedom and way of life. Let us also pause to appreciate the resilience of character they demonstrate in times of conflict. Our nation has come through many wars over the centuries and they have always responded more than others when called upon to protect the freedoms we enjoy. Now, as they move off to fight on foreign shores in conflicts we cannot begin to identify with, let us make every effort every year to honour their service and sacrifice to preserve the freedoms we enjoy. Let us show them how much we value their service to America by celebrating Happy Memorial Day each year with a day of remembrance to all who have given of themselves so that we can all live together in peace and harmony.
On this day of remembrance, join with other Americans who value these traditions that have been handed down through the generations. The sacrifices our military make in defence of this country are not just people they have sacrificed on the battlefield but the friends, families and children they have lost. There are veterans in every branch of the service and a long list of retired and active-duty personnel. All of these brave men and women deserve to be respected and remembered on Veterans Day as they move away from the world and take the time to celebrate the lives they have served. Let us take every opportunity to celebrate those who have given so much for our country and ensure that we continue to respect their commitment and sacrifice to our freedoms.