The first Happy Mothers Day on the calendar was on the second Sunday of May inadian time, officially designated as Mother’s Day in Canada. In keeping with our national holiday, we now celebrate Mother’s Day every year on the first Sunday of May. Here are a few highlights of this historic date in Canada.
It is an important symbol of the endearing bond between a mother and child. On this day, Canadians give their mom’s a lot of significance. A visit from the “other” mom can brighten up a long week at work. It is also an opportunity to spend time with mom on her birthday, which is traditionally later in the year. Besides, most women wait until they are older to celebrate the special connection with their kids and their mother.
As the United States and many other countries observe Mother’s Day on the third Sunday of May, Canadians have a slightly different version of the tradition. On this day, Canadians pay tribute to their mommies-to-be by presenting them with a wide variety of gifts. Among these items are pendants, pins, jewelry, flowers, and much more.
Canadian women hold close to their heart’s on Mother’s Day. The bond that binds them to their children goes beyond money. They value their time and their abilities more than anything else. To them, their kids are everything to them. It is therefore fitting to give them something nice for Mother’s Day in Canada.
Mother’s Day wishes
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who deserves a medal for putting up with me all these years.
- Mom, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I wish one day I could grow up to become as graceful, as strong, as loving as you are. Wishing Happy Mother’s Day to the mom who inspires me.
- Miss you Mum, can’t wait to be reunited so we can celebrate properly. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day and thanks for everything!
- Ma, you’re the light of my life. You taught me how to stand up and be my own person. You’re my guide and I love you. Happy Mother’s Day.
- You’re not a regular mom. You’re a cool mom. Correction- You’re the coolest mom. I’m so grateful for all that you are and all that you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day quotes
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
Now that you know how important moms are in everyone’s life, it would be a great idea to take time out of your busy schedule to plan a unique gift for your mom. There are several ways you can do this. One of them is to make an appointment with your nearest department store, and tell them about your plan to present your mother with a nice gift on Mother’s Day. They will probably want to help you make a gift out of Mother’s Day Flowers that are in season at the time of your planned visit. If they don’t, you can also order them online and get them delivered right on time.
Regardless of the method you choose to shop for your mother’s gift, just remember that it is always the best Mother’s Day if you give her something special this year. Spending some time with your mother this year will strengthen your relationship with her, and this is definitely something that you shouldn’t miss at any cost. Start shopping early so you won’t leave her waiting!