Happy Mothers Day is celebrated every year on the fourth Sunday of May. It is an occasion to celebrate the role of motherhood and honor all women who have raised their children. On this day, every country celebrates its own version of the event, from countries like US and New Zealand where it is called Mother’s Day to countries like Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia where it is called Happy Mother’s Day. As it seems, this particular day does not refer specifically to mothers but instead to a woman and her role as a mother.
What it means to be a mother is not that of a strict mother or those who have lessened their obligations to their children. Being a mother is more of a responsibility and being a wife is just another way of sharing responsibilities between both. A mother’s day in Kenya is different from a mother’s day in the US, because the latter is a public holiday while the former is more private and celebratory. In Malaysia, however, Happy Mother’s Day is a private celebration which is hosted by close family members and friends. Hosted events also happen every year on the first and fifth Sunday of April.
Celebrations for every occasion are normally organized by the community where the event is held or by the government. The event, which takes place in Malaysia is much the same. Unlike the USA and Canada, where traditional activities are usually organized and celebrated, Happy Mother’s Day celebrations in Malaysia take place in more natural environments. Buses, vehicles and even boats make the most out of the day and bring people together from all walks of life.
While traditional celebrations call for food and gifts to be given to the mother and children, Happy Mother’s Day in Malaysia instead calls for a special dinner and gathering in the honour of motherhood. Invitations are sent through email and attendees are asked to wear something that represents motherhood. Special days like this one also require participants to write a poem or article about their motherhood experience and how they feel about other women who are mother.
Happy Mothers Day Wishes
- Happy Mother’s Day to the amazing mother! May you always be happy!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom ever! I Love you so much.
- Thank you mom for being my biggest supporter in life! Happy mother’s day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to all the lovely mothers in the world.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the woman without whom I cannot live. You are my sunshine, mommy.
- Every mother deserves the best. Wishing all the mothers in the world a day full of happiness joy. Happy Mother’s Day 2021!
- A mother like you is a gift to any son. I feel thankful to God because he gave me such a wonderful mother. I love you now and always!
- One day is not enough for celebrating the sacrifice of our mothers. But we can always make this one day the most special day in her life. Happy Mother’s Day to all!
- Happy mother’s day. On this very special day, I want to let you know that you are the best mother in this world!
- We share the best mom and daughter relationship in this world. Thanks for being such a wonderful mother. Happy mother’s day!
- You are the one who has always been there for me at the end of the day. Thank you and happy mothers day!
- Happy mothers day in heaven mom. Sending my love and prayers to you. Miss you.
- I am so lucky to be your son, Mom. Happy Mother’s day!
- Happy first mothers day! Only a mother as perfect as you deserve this special celebration. Have a great day!
- Happy mothers day mother in law! Sending lots of love to you on this significant day.
After the banquet, the main course is served. It is a traditional African cuisine, but the British culinary specialists are more than capable of preparing it. A special dessert table is assembled so that guests can have their fill of cakes, pies and other delicacies. The special day is celebrated with traditional dancing and singing by local children as well as by other women from the community. The day ends with a traditional masked ball which is attended by local elders.
The Happy Mother’s Day celebration in Kenya is also celebrated with great gusto and enthusiasm. While many countries celebrate motherhood on different days, Kenya celebrates it on the most popular day of the year – Mother’s Day. Local businessmen set up booths selling delicious foods and drinks and there are many international tournaments and competitions organized in order to entertain the crowds. There are also workshops and lectures given by local and foreign speakers, and there are plays and musical performances by local and international artists. Kenya is a beautiful country which is full of surprises and offers every woman the opportunity to celebrate her motherhood in the best possible way.