Happy Mother’s Day 2021 in Pakistan is observed on the third Sunday of the month of April. This day is dedicated to celebrating motherhood and Mother’s Day in general. The traditional way of celebrating this day in Pakistan is by having a special dinner and sending flowers to all mothers in the society. However, nowadays we have a wide range of celebrations and activities that can be organised for Mothers Day in Pakistan.
A large number of organisations, schools, NGOs and individuals to host their own celebrations during Mother’s Day in Pakistan. They display great zeal and enthusiasm in organising these programmes. In many cities and towns across the country for special events are held to celebrate Mother’s Day. These days are full of fun and merry making activities. Students from colleges and universities participate actively in celebrations.
Students form groups and take part in various activities. They visit malls, parks and other places of fun. While others join in with homemade parties. They enjoy fun filled days and greet each other with smiles on the face.
Multipurpose events are also held during Mothers Day in almost every town and city. These celebrations include a range of artworks, plays and films. Children from different age groups participate actively. They play games, sing songs and have fun. These activities make the day an unforgettable one for them.
There are some religious celebrations also which are organized in connection with the occasion. These celebrations are full of fun and merriment. Men and women wear special clothes and various utensils and flower arrangements are used on the day.
Mother’s Day in Pakistan is seen as a day of sadness. However, people love to celebrate this day in a festive way. Numerous organisations and schools organize various activities on Mother’s Day in Pakistan. Multipurpose celebrations are conducted all around the country. The main celebratory activity is seen on the first week of May.
This is the day when Pakistani women get together to spend some quality time with each other. They plan outings, go for sports and enjoy the fun filled environment. They also share their feelings and have fun. A number of cultural and traditional events take place on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day wishes
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who deserves a medal for putting up with me all these years.
- Mom, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I wish one day I could grow up to become as graceful, as strong, as loving as you are. Wishing Happy Mother’s Day to the mom who inspires me.
- Miss you Mum, can’t wait to be reunited so we can celebrate properly. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day and thanks for everything!
- Ma, you’re the light of my life. You taught me how to stand up and be my own person. You’re my guide and I love you. Happy Mother’s Day.
- You’re not a regular mom. You’re a cool mom. Correction- You’re the coolest mom. I’m so grateful for all that you are and all that you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day quotes
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
A number of charity organisations also conduct activities on this day. Many Pakistani American organizations organize a 5k road race for women. They raise funds for different women’s organizations and women of Pakistan. This race takes place on the eve of mother’s day. Locals and tourists alike join in the fun. Some of the participants even cross the finish line of the 5k road race wearing colored sari and salwar kameez.
Happy Mother’s Day can be celebrated in many ways depending upon the individuals’ preferences and families’ financial constraints. Multipurpose parties and get-togethers are held to enjoy the fun. Women celebrate this day like any other women in the world by enjoying the festivities and food.