Mother’s Day is a very special day for all mothers to observe. It is a day where we celebrate the true meaning of motherhood and honor the bond that ties her to us through her tender loving care for our children. There are a large number of Mother’s Day quotes that can be shared which can bring a smile on your mother’s face as she remembers all of the special times that she has spent with you. Mothers Day is actually a combination of several holidays; however, it is typically commemorated with a day of giving thanks to mothers for their nurturing, caring, and devoted affections towards their children. This special day also recognizes the importance mothers play in their children’s lives, as they provide food, shelter, clothing, and education, among other things.
The true essence of motherhood is reflected in the words of one of the most famous Mother’s Day quotes, which have been utilized by millions of people all around the world: “I do believe that a mother’s love is the greatest gift, the purest of human love, the sum total of all human love.” What this says is that motherhood is love expressed in its truest form; that is, from the most fundamental levels. Mother’s Day quotes celebrate the best qualities of motherhood in a way that makes them even more precious.
Mothers Day is fast approaching, so what are some great Mother’s Day quotes for this year? One of the most popular is this: “Give a girl the right to be angry or sad, but not both.” This beautiful saying shows us that while we may not get to choose not to be angry, neither can we choose not to be sad. Sadness can have negative consequences, and anger, while a very natural emotion, can sometimes be destructive. Instead of living in perpetual sadness or anger, give your beloved daughter the gift of being able to feel both happy and sad at the same time, and do so without resorting to acts of violence. This is an excellent gift to give to your mother on Mother’s Day.
Another one of the best Mother’s Day quotes we might give our mothers is one that begins, “Not much is known about motherhood except that it involves getting dirty, cuddling up with a baby and watching it grow.” The author of this beautiful message makes it seem as if giving birth is a joyous and enjoyable event, rather than a painful and unsettling experience. Giving birth is a very common part of motherhood for women, and the book tells us what we can expect when we go through the process. It would be good if we could all agree on one thing about motherhood, however; that is that, while it is an often unpleasant experience, it is necessary. Giving birth is a natural part of being a woman, and if motherhood isn’t something we ever want to have to experience, at least once in our lives, we can at least agree that it is a gift that is definitely worth giving.
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” —Susan Gale
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her. ” —Jodi Picoult
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” —William Makepeace Thackeray
- “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” —James E. Faust
- “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” —Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Motherhood is the exquisite inconvenience of being another person’s everything.” —Unknown
- “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.” —Maxim Grosky
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
- “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” —Gilda Radner
Of course, we can’t forget another classic Mother’s Day quote that is dedicated to our mother. This one begins, “If you love your children, be their friend.” Now, it’s easy to see how even the most self-centered mother could be persuaded by this simple, yet profound saying. Love your mother, be her friend and take care of her – she’ll always be there to love you back.
There are many other beautiful and meaningful Mother’s Day quotes that anyone can enjoy. One thing is certain, however; if we are going to honor our mothers on Mother’s Day, we should make sure to give her everything she deserves. She deserves our love and appreciation, not only on this day but all the days in between. Now that you know which one of these Mother’s Day quotes is right for you, go make it happen!