Happy Mother’s Day 2021 in Dubai has a special theme this year and it is the theme of the day which comes from Mother’s Day in the USA. The day is always celebrated on Mother’s Day and is seen as an opportunity for a woman to celebrate her most respected day in life with her loved ones and family. This article takes a brief look at what can be done on Mother’s Day in Dubai to mark the event.
One of the highlights of the day in Dubai is that it is traditionally held in the morning when the sun is rising. The celebrations are very somber as the city gears up for the stormy weather ahead. The only light source in the midst of all this is the collection of candles lit by both men and women to symbolize the hope that things are not going to come to a standstill. These candles are known as Dhamasa, which is a celebration of love. You will find that the city celebrates the day with a lot of family favorites such as Kabeesha (seeds), Askia (quinceanera) and Maisam (arrow). You might also like to consider the traditional fish or pigeon curry called Maasi that is served as a main course while you sit on chairs in the dining hall receiving gifts and gossip from your elders.
A typical dinner during the day in Dubai is spread out over several courses where you have sweet juices, salads, fresh meat served in clay ovens and desserts like Manuka honey and ice cream. While you enjoy the sumptuous food and the lovely smell of the various dishes, the celebration will continue with fireworks lighting the sky above. The Dhamasa celebration ends with a spectacular firework display that was designed and supervised by the Dubai Festival Company. You can also enjoy live music performed by the Dubai Philharmonic Orchestra and then bid them goodbye with a dip in the swimming pool.
The day is marked by a masquerade party organized by the Royal Court. A masquerade is a long, extravagant dress which must be done by women of the highest social status. It is a great occasion to honor your mother and spend a day in paradise with your children. You can choose to wear anything that makes you look beautiful and elegant. But the best part of all is that you get to dress as your favorite princess or jester. You can choose to wear red and gold and silver for this event.
Mother’s Day wishes
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who deserves a medal for putting up with me all these years.
- Mom, thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I wish one day I could grow up to become as graceful, as strong, as loving as you are. Wishing Happy Mother’s Day to the mom who inspires me.
- Miss you Mum, can’t wait to be reunited so we can celebrate properly. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day and thanks for everything!
- Ma, you’re the light of my life. You taught me how to stand up and be my own person. You’re my guide and I love you. Happy Mother’s Day.
- You’re not a regular mom. You’re a cool mom. Correction- You’re the coolest mom. I’m so grateful for all that you are and all that you do. Happy Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day quotes
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” —Unknown
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Charley Benetto
- “Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heartthrob.” —Leroy Brownlow
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what that word was.” —Lisa Leslie
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” —Maya Angelou
The festival also celebrates another important milestone in motherhood. The age of a mother is celebrated with a special day. This is the International Women’s Day. You can join the celebrations in your neighborhood or you can send out emails to everyone you know and inform them about the event. In no time, there will be many women celebrating the special day at home or at their workplace.
Celebrating the day in Dubai also marks another important cultural event. During the celebration, children of the family perform arts and crafts. You can encourage your kids to do their best by allowing them to give a recital. They will surely enjoy doing such activity as it is great fun. For a recital, you don’t have to spend a lot of money. You just need to provide your child with a great experience and they are sure to appreciate it.