Parents Day was first celebrated in Philippine history back during the colonial rule in the early part of the 1900s. It was then called Ate Pagkadian which in Filipino means “father’s day.” The event is mostly celebrated in the Philippines, particularly in the mother and child dominated area of the country. However, it is now celebrated in almost all parts of the world as a special day for moms and dads to spend with their children.
Parents’ Day is an internationally recognized day designed and organized by the United Nations Organization for Children’s Global Health (UCCG), which has been celebrated every year since 2021. The main objective of the said event is to celebrate the importance of parents in the upbringing and education of their children. The theme of the day is to recognize and affirm the importance of parents to kids. Parents Day celebrations are celebrated around the globe on different dates. In the Philippines, the main Parents Day activities are usually done on Mother’s Day but internationally, events related to Parents Day are often designated to highlight the importance of kids to parents.
Parents Day 2021 Philippines
Parents Day celebrations usually involve different activities or events that engage or promote the value of children to parents. Parents’ Day activities may include a party, a get-together, a picnic, a family trip, or family games or sports. During this event, parents can show how much they truly adore and appreciate their kids by allowing them to participate or take part in activities like crafts, games, singing, dancing, eating, or pampering. This can be done by allowing kids to do their own share of cooking, caring for the sick, or even taking the role of babysitting or doing errand duties for the family. Parents’ Day activities may also take place in schools wherein students can play games, do crafts, or even teach classes about caring for kids.
Parents Day celebrations are often surrounded or based around the concept of love, giving, and being grateful. Kids are often portrayed as the heart of every family, the reason why parents go through difficult times, the reason why kids grow up to be great and strong, and the reason why they strive to achieve their potential. Parents’ Day activities are supposed to promote these ideals and help families, especially the parents and kids understand and appreciate each other. One of the most interesting Parents Day facts is that many people actually celebrate this day without having any children, thus bringing the world a little closer to understanding the concept of Parents Day.
Parents Day Wishes Quote
Parents Day is also celebrated differently depending on where you live. Some areas commemorate the day with a much more elaborate event, while others choose to keep the celebration simple. Parents Day in the United States is typically celebrated on the first week of May, while in other parts of the world, the actual date of Parents Day is sometime in July. In Canada, on the second week of May, you will also see Parents Day festivities. Some areas also choose to make it an official holiday instead of just a celebration, like the residents of Bermuda.
- Happy Parent’s Day to you, Mom and Dad! You two are the coolest parents I have ever seen and thank God you are mine!
- Thanks for giving me a life full of happiness and dreams. You are so special to me. Happy parent’s day dad!
- My lovely parents, it is a blessing to be born in this amazing family and having you two in my life. Happy Parent’s Day to you!
- Dear parents, thank you for tolerating all my tantrums and bearing all the loud noises I used to make! Happy Parent’s Day to you!
- Happy Parent’s Day, Mama and Papa! You two are the reason for my happiness and the motivation behind my success. Thank you for everything!
- Dear Mother and Father, thank you for always taking care of me and fulfilling my every little need. I couldn’t be luckier! Happy Parent’s Day!
Parents Day Wishes
- “First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- Everything I am today is because of you two. Wishing you a happy parent’s day!
- “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
- “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” – Oscar Wilde
- “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Brault
- I am so lucky to have you both as my guardian angels. Happy Parent’s Day!
- “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr T.P.Chia
Parents Day Images
Parents Day has become an international phenomenon thanks to the internet. When you Google” Parents Day” or search for “parents’ day US” or” Parents Day UK”, you will find a plethora of resources that talk about the topic. You can also find out about organizations that you can support or donate to that focus on Parents Day. Whether you celebrate your own Parents’ Day or choose to join in other celebrations around the world, Parents Day is a special day where all the parents in the world get together and let kids know that their parents love them and appreciate them, no matter how big or small their world is right now.