Parents Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of the Parents Day Festival, which is on the succeeding month of June. The word “Parents Day” has its origin in England. However, it is now widely celebrated in all over the world. With the popularity and significance of Parents Day growing, there are a wide range of Parents’ Day activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family in Singapore.
The festival that Parents Day is based on is a traditional one. However, there are other activities that are also celebrated on the same day. Some of these activities include Farmers Day celebrations, which is on the second Saturday of May. Farmers Day celebrations in Singapore traditionally start at around 2 pm and end after a lantern festival.
Happy Parents Day 2021 Singapore
Parents Day celebrations in Singapore mark the day on which Parents are revered. There are several activities that you can do with your children to mark the Parents’ Day. Most of these activities are fun-filled, involving a number of children and parents in a lively environment.
For younger children who are celebrating their Parent’s Day with their friends, a visit to a Tanah Lottery is an option. This is held from Friday to Sunday at the Central Business District (CBD) area. This lottery is also one of the most popular attractions in the area. Parents Day celebrations in Singapore mark the day on which Parents Day is celebrated with much gusto and enthusiasm.
Happy Parents Day Wishes
The best time for Parents Day celebrations in Singapore is during the day itself. The weather is perfect for family outings and picnics in many places in the country. In fact, on Parents’ Day, you can also witness the largest gathering of people for food and fun in the whole city! The celebrations are quite extravagant, but there is a lot of laughter and good food, too.
- Happy Parents Day! May you two live a long, happy, and peaceful life. Thank you for everything!
- Happy parent’s day to all the parents in the world. Respect from the deep of heart!
- Happy Parents Day! No amount of appreciation is enough to express my gratefulness to you!
- My dear parents, may you live long enough to fulfill all your wishes! Happy Parents Day!
- Happy Parents Day, my awesome parents! Always so grateful for the constant love and support!
- Mom and Dad, you two are the Guardian Angels of my life! Happy Parents Day 2021!
- Happy Parent’s Day to my lovely parents! You two are the best!
- Happy Parents Day! I am blessed to be born in the loving arms of the most caring parents!
- Dear parents, your compassion and kindness are forever motivating to me! Happy Parents Day!
Parents Day celebrations in Singapore sometimes include a public picnic. This is usually organised by schools, church groups, the community or other organisations to celebrate the Parents Day with their fellow Singaporeans. It is a great opportunity to interact with others, make new friends and enjoy a delicious meal. Parents Day is a happy occasion in Singapore, filled with a mix of traditional fun and colourful celebrations. With millions of children involved, Parents Day celebrations are a huge hit.
Parents Day Images, Status, Quotes
Parents Day celebrations in Singapore sometimes involve a Kids Party as well. School plays and musical evenings are organised as part of the day to entertain the children and parents alike. Parents Day is one of the busiest days for sales in the country, following Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Many restaurants and eateries offer special meals for children on Parents Day. However, the choice of restaurant is limited – stick to fine dining restaurants for good food and value.
- “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.” – Brad Meltzer
- “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” -Japanese Proverb
- “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” – Ann Brashares
- “First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- Everything I am today is because of you two. Wishing you a happy parent’s day!
- “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
- “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” – Oscar Wilde
- “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Brault
- I am so lucky to have you both as my guardian angels. Happy Parent’s Day!
- “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr T.P.Chia
Parents Day celebrations in Singapore sometimes include a Parents Day Parade. This is a grand event with thousands of people taking part in parading through the streets. The day is best enjoyed with the family. After the parade, a Parents Day luncheon is held at the clubhouse of the local hotel to congratulate the parents and their children on their accomplishment.