Jamie Foxx is an American professional actor, musician, singer/songwriter, and rap musician best known professionally by his stage name Jamie Fox. Jamie was born in Cleveland, Ohio and grew up in a multi-cultural household. His parents were of Irish, German, and Eastern Canadian decent. He is finish and English descent.
Jamie was named an Academy Award winner for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his role as a singer in the musical Rent. Jamie Foxx went on to star as circus performer Lebron James in the blockbuster biopic State of Union. After that movie, he established himself as an artist with the release of his stand-up comedy album, . Jamie Foxx trivia will show that his first acting role came in the movie A Few Good Men, playing the cynical and reluctant District Attorney, John McKedrick.
Jamie Foxx trivia will show that he also appeared in the award-winning movie Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure as San Francisco sheriff Donner. He later appeared in the movies Dumb And Dumber, The Perfect Team, Edward Scissorhands, and Johnny Depp’s Alice In Wonderland. As an actor, Jamie Foxx has had varying successes. Some of his films have been box-office hits including the remake of Charlie Brown, and Ernie. Foxx has also worked with some notable directors such as Quentin Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, and Wes Anderson.
Jamie Foxx Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 13 December 1967
- Birth Place: Terrell, Texas, USA
- Residence: Hidden Valley, California, USA
- Birth Name: Eric Marlon Bishop
- Nickname: Jamie
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Occupation: Actor, Singer, Comedian, Songwriter, Television host, Producer
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: Black (African American)
- Religion: Raised Baptist
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Jamie Foxx Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 181 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 82 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 9″
- Height in Meters: 1.75 m
- Shoe Size: 12 (US)
Jamie Foxx Family Details
- Father: Darrell Bishop (Shahid Abdula)(Stockbroker)
- Mother: Louise Annette Talley Dixon
- Spouse/Wife: Unmarried
- Children: Corinne Foxx (Daughter), Annalise Bishop (Daughter)
- Siblings: Deidra Dixon (Sister), Diondra Dixon (Sister)
- Others: Esther Marie (Nelson) (Grandmother) (Domestic Worker and Nursery Operator), Mark Talley (Grandfather) (Yard Worker)
Jamie Foxx Education
- Terrell High School
- United States International University
Jamie Foxx Facts
- He was born on December 13, 1967 in Terrell, Texas, USA.
- His parents are Louise Annette Talley Dixon and Darrell Bishop.
- He started playing piano at five.
- He was a football quarterback in high school.
- He started his career as a stand-up comedian.
- He was selected one of People Magazines 50 Most Beautiful People of 2005.
- He dated actress Meagan Good from 2003 to 2006.
- He dated Katie Holmes for six years.
- He is best friends with Garcelle Beauvais.
- He is a big fan of the Miami Heat basketball team and professional wrestling.
- He is friends with Terrence Howard, Idris Elba, Amber Rose, Tom Cruise, Meagan Good, Luenell and Odell Beckham Jr..
- He has two daughters, Corinne and Annalise Foxx.
- He is a lifelong Democrat.
Jamie Foxx has been married to Jennifericello since 1995. Their marriage brought them three daughters, called Taylor, Brooke, and Kiara. They have two stepchildren, Valentina and Gabrielle. Jamie’s son Travis is a basketball fan who played point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers for several years.
Jamie Foxx’s maternal grandparents are her mother, Terrell Bingham and his wife, Karen Fox. Jamie’s father was a successful attorney. He was active in many political campaigns, and worked to become California’s first black member of Congress. Jamie’s mother was a talented stand-up comedienne and worked as a writer and producer for several decades before she became a comedian.
Jamie Foxx has been nominated for the Best Actor award for his role as Buck Whittaker in the film The Pursuit of Happyness. He was also nominated for his performances in the film The Replacements, and Vanilla Sky. Jamie Foxx was also nominated for his performances in the film Jerry Maguire, Man on the Moon, and Captain America: The First Mission. These films did not do well at the box office, but made him a name among moviegoers. He was nominated for another Academy Award for his role as Jean Luc France in the film’s Napoleon and The Man Who Played golf.