Jeff Bezos is the founder and owner of Amazon. He is an American entrepreneur and business magnate. Jeff Bezos is a key player in the world’s most innovative online shopping and digital book-selling company, Amazon. He has been described as one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our times.
Jeff Bezos was born on January 12, 1964, at the American International School in Los Angeles. He lived in Washington, D.C. during the early years of his life. He was a student at the University of Maryland at College Park. He graduated in 1968, with degrees in mathematics and political science. Later, he founded around a half-dozen businesses, including Aerogarden, in the Washington Post Company.
In his late years, he began building his own business. He founded Amazon in July 1994. He later sold that business to Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos for $eff8m. Amazon Web Services provided hosting, platform development, search engine optimization and e-commerce fulfillment. Jeff Bezos used the profits from Amazon to launch another business, Blue Origin, which aims to reduce the cost of space travel.
Jeff Bezos is listed as one of America’s wealthy individuals, according to the Forbes Magazine. His net worth is estimated at between six and ten billion dollars. As the owner of Blue Origin, he is not only responsible for the growth and development of his business, but also for the success of the entire company. It is due to this venture that Blue Origin became one of the first enterprises to use a reusable launch vehicle. As a result, Blue Origin is the only privately owned company in the world to have made use of such an innovative launch method.
Jeff Bezos Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 12 January 1964
- Birth Place: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Birth Name: Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen
- Nickname: Jeff
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Occupation: Technology entrepreneur, Investor, Philanthropist
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Jeff Bezos Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 154 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 70 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7½”
- Height in Meters: 1.71 m
- Body Build/Type: Muscular
- Shoe Size: N/A
Jeff Bezos Family Details
- Father: Ted Jorgensen (The bike shop owner)
- Mother: Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen
- Spouse/Wife: MacKenzie Bezos (m. 1993)
- Children: He has four children.
- Siblings: Mark Bezos, Christina Bezos
- Others: Miguel Bezos aka Mike (Step-Father), Lisa Bezos (Sister-in-law), Stephen aka Steve Poore (Brother-in-law), Lawrence Preston Gise (Maternal Grandfather), Mattie Louise Gise née Strait (Maternal Grandmother), George Harvey Strait (Distant Cousin through maternal grandmother)
Jeff Bezos Education
- River Oaks Elementary School
- Miami Palmetto High School
- Princeton University
Jeff Bezos Facts
- He was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and grew up in Houston, Texas.
- He is widely considered to be an e-commerce pioneer and consumerism revolutionary.
- He was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year in 1999.
- He owns the Washington Post.
Jeff Bezos is described by The Wall Street Journal as a “tech geek” and as someone who is passionate about business. Jeff Bezos had to sell his stake in Blue Origin to his son Ray on condition that he would receive a majority share in the business. Jeff Bezos is the sole investor and sole manager of Blue Origin. His father, meanwhile, is listed as the company’s executive chairman.
Jeff Bezo’s other major achievements include founding the online bookstore, The Washington Post, among many others. Jeff Bezos has also been a prolific author with several best-selling novels. It is expected that his business ventures will continue to blossom into great success in the future.