Juneteenth 2023 (United States) Celebration, Activities, Status, Wishes, Images, Quotes
We’re looking forward to celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary, and we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a Juneteenth Original Date in our backyard. As an added treat, we’re also looking forward to hosting vaccinations at our new location, if you hadn’t gotten the COVID-19 vaccination by then! Looking forward to seeing you all as celebrate Juneteenth 2023 in East Metro Park!
To celebrate this wonderful day we plan to have fun in the sun, BBQ’s and maybe a few games or crafts too. If you’ve never been to a Juneteenth party, we encourage you to visit one! You’ll find everything you need for fun, from pre-made fun games to activities you can do online. Online virtual event access makes planning a great deal easier, whether it’s for a kids’ activity graduation or any other special occasion.
If you’ve lived far from the equator and the only thing you’ve ever seen on Earth was a football game on the Sunday morning, don’t fear. You’ll be able to catch all the thrill and excitement of Juneteenth by tuning into one of the numerous live-streamed virtual events Access YouTube. There are a few YouTube pages that host exciting live-streamed virtual events on a daily basis. If you don’t have any favorite YouTube pages, you can always tune into “YouTube dot com.” There are also several Facebook pages dedicated to live-streamed events.
East Metro Park is conveniently located right in the heart of Lithia Springs, making it easily accessible from many different areas. Our home is only a short walking distance away, and it’s not too far to drive to Juneteenth downtown. We can’t wait to celebrate this wonderful day with friends and family. I’m sure the excitement will run even deeper once we learn just what the official celebration is going to be! It’s a long list of fun activities, but I’m particularly excited for the “Juneeteenth 21” concert held at the amphitheater during the game.
- “Won’t it be wonderful when Black history and Native American history and Jewish history and all of U.S. history is taught from one book. Just U.S. history.” — Maya Angelou
- “Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.” – Abraham Lincoln.
- “Anytime anyone is enslaved, or in any way deprived of his liberty, if that person is a human being, as far as I am concerned he is justified to resort to whatever methods necessary to bring about his liberty again.” — Malcolm X
- “Where annual elections end where slavery begins.” – John Quincy Adams.
- “I knew then and I know now, when it comes to justice, there is no easy way to get it.” — Claudette Colvin
- “We all require and want respect, man or woman, Black or white. It’s our basic human right.” — Aretha Franklin
Quotes on Juneteenth Day
- “I find freedom sexy. I find freedom so sexy, I can’t even explain it to you. You wake up every day and feel like you can do anything.” — Prince
- “Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won, you earn it and win it in every generation.”- Coretta Scott King, human rights activist and leader
- “Every year we must remind successive generations that this event triggered a series of events that one by one defines the challenges and responsibilities of successive generations. That’s why we need this holiday.” – Al Edwards, Texas Democratic Representative
- “I prayed for freedom for twenty years, but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.” – Frederick Douglas.
Juneteenth Quotes by Ralph Ellison
- “Words of Emancipation didn’t arrive until the middle of June so they called it Juneteenth. So that was it, the night of Juneteenth celebration,his mind went on. The celebration of a gaudy illusion.” ― Ralph Ellison
- “Nothing ever stops; it divides and multiplies, and I guess sometimes it gets ground down superfine, but it doesn’t just blow away.” ― Ralph Ellison
13 “God is love, I said, but art’s the possibility of forms, and shadows are the source of identity.” ― Ralph Ellison
- “Do not be silent; there is no limit to the power that may be released through you.” ― Howard Thurman
Since the game and concert are being held at the amphitheater, this should be a prime location for our game and concert. It would be a fantastic experience for the entire family to come together and enjoy an awesome game of football, mingle with everyone, and enjoy the beautiful setting for the concert. Plus, access to YouTube pages, Facebook pages, and any other social media sites just makes this event even more exciting! We can’t wait to invite everyone we know to join in on the fun. What a great way to kick off the summer for our beloved fans.
If you love live-streamed virtual events, videos, and music, then I know you’ll love to host your very own Juneteenth celebration. There are only a few simple steps, so I think you’ll love what I have done for you. If you’re not sure about hosting a party, then why not give it a try? You never know, it might be just what the fans in attendance want to see.