Keshia Knight Pulliam was an actress whose notable career spans across four decades. She is most well-known for her childhood role as Rudy Huxtable in the NBC series, The Cosby Show, her appearances on such daytime soap opera As the World Turns and as an uncredited character in the movie Babyface. Keshia is best known for being one of the few African-American women to appear on a prime-time television show in that period. Her honors also include an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Leading Role and an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Performance in a Comedy Series. Keshia Knight Pulliam’s other film credits include The Bodyguard (starring Ben Kingsley), Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Cloud 9, A Christmas Carol, Man on the Moon, Pretty Woman, The Perfect Storm, and Kung Fu Panda.
Keshia Knight Pulliam was born in Augusta Georgia and grew up in segregated Mississippi. Her parents divorced when she was young and she moved with her mother and older sister to Boston, Massachusetts where she attended Homework. Keshia Knight Pulliam lived in New York City for a short time before moving back to Los Angeles, California.
Keshia Knight Pulliam Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 9 April 1979
- Birth Place: Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Residence: Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
- Birth Name: Keshia Knight Pulliam
- Nickname: Keshia
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Occupation: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Christian
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
Keshia Knight Pulliam Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 108 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 49 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 0½”
- Height in Meters: 1.54 m
- Body Measurements: 34-24-34 in (86-61-86 cm)
- Breast Size: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Waist Size: 24 inches (61 cm)
- Hips Size: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 34B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
Keshia Knight Pulliam Family Details
- Father: James Pulliam, Sr.
- Mother: Denise Pulliam
- Spouse: Edgerton Hartwell (m. 2016)
- Children: Ella Grace Hartwell (Daughter) (Born: January 23, 2017)
- Siblings: James Pulliam II (Brother), Mshon Pulliam (Brother)
Keshia Knight Pulliam Education
- High School: Potomac School, Foxcroft School, Rutgers Preparatory School
- College: Spelman College (2001)
- She earned a bachelor of arts degree in sociology from Spelman College in 2001.
Keshia Knight Pulliam Facts
- She won NAACP Image Awards in 2009, 2010, and 2012.
- She debuted as an actress at age three on Sesame Street.
- She became the youngest actress to receive an Emmy nomination in 1986.
- She was ranked #19 in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”
Keshia was not particularly popular in the early days, but she began to gain notice in her teens. She went on to play the same character in three more films, including the very successful Man on the Moon. She went on to play the lead role in the classic Love Story (which was actually made by another actress, Rosemary Clooney), the politically correct prison movie The Price of Love, and a minor role in the remake of Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Keshia Knight Pulliam was also nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for one of those shows.
Keshia Knight Pulliam has recently appeared in a few movies set in New Jersey, including the crime thriller Taken. She is also currently appearing in the action/adventure film Alpha Dogs. Keshia is currently up for a role in the new Amazon Studios production The Divergent Series. It is unknown whether or not she will be nominated for an EMA or a Emmys this year. However, she is definitely a name that is being brought up in the TV shows acting categories.
Keshia Knight Pulliam lives in a small town in New Jersey called Newark. She currently works as a wardrobe assistant on television. Keshia was raised in a home where religion was not prominent. Her father is the owner of a successful car dealership and her mother is a teacher.
If you are going to pay money to see a movie star like Keshia Knight Pulliam, you would think that her acting career would take off quickly, but that hasn’t happened. Recently, she was featured in a music video for Juicy Couture’s new song, “Boys Don’t Cry.” While it may not have been the most interesting music video ever made, it was certainly entertaining. This is only one of the awards shows and movies that she has been involved with, so her resume is fairly impressive. Keshia Knight Pulliam could end up being a really talented actress if she really does get nominated for an EMA next month.