The labour day in Singapore is one of the few public holidays in the country to celebrate without any private drive or public property being burnt down on that day. In Singapore, May Day is observed on the first of May every year as an annual mark of solidarity among workers struggling for decent wages and better working conditions. The labour day as an annual public holiday was started only in 1960 when the People’s Action Party (PAP) came to power. It is considered as the most labour-friendly government amongst all government parties in the world.
labour day Singapore images can be found everywhere. They are posted on banners, murals and other public posters and even on household knickknacks like cooking pots and utensils. Workers from all over the country take out their banners and participate in the labour day Singapore celebrations by participating in different labour day Singapore activities. They enjoy the activities such as burning diaries, painting shoes and taking pictures of labour icons, like the Big Red House, the Singapore Exchange and other labour icons. Some of them also visit their hometowns and share the activities and fun, they have enjoyed in other countries with posters and photos of their favourite destinations.
On the other hand, non-government organisations supporting labour rights also arrange for events and programmes on labour day for the employees and the workers of their organisations. A number of labour organisations also organise their own labour day celebrations in an attempt to organise better pay and conditions among their labour force. The erstwhile British colonies in Singapore have organized their own versions of hari raya day since colonial days. The spirit of unity and brotherhood really is there in this island, which is why we see so many labour organisations and trade unions organising their own events on this day.
Happy Labour Day Messages
1. Our workers are the inspiration for all of us…. Their hard work and dedication always motivates us to work for the growth and development of our nation…. Sending best wishes to you on International Labour Day 2017.
2. We have seen them work day and night, summers and winters….. We have seen them give their best against all the odds…. Let us take inspiration from them to face the toughest challenges of life…. Wishing you a very Happy International Workers’ Day.
3. Today is the day to acknowledge and celebrate the amazing efforts of all the workers who have given their sweat and blood in building our nation a great land…. Let us honor their efforts and salute their hard work…. Warm wishes on Labor Day to you.
4. As we celebrate another International Workers’ Day, it is time to honor and celebrate the work of every person who has taken a step forward in making our country a better place to live in… Wishing you a very happy and blessed International Workers’ Day.
Labour Day Wishes Quotes 2021
7. We must learn to respect the hard work and dedication of immense hard work our labour puts…. Let us come together on the occasion of International Workers’ Day to thank them for their labor and for their dedication…. Warm wishes on May Day to all.
8. Like sun always brightens the sky…. Like moon always kill the darkness…. Hard work of labours is always there to make the impossible possible….. Sending best wishes on International Labour Day to all the workers without whom our success is incomplete.
Singapore is a multi-cultural city and it has multitudes of races, cultures and religions. So, you can celebrate whichever labour day you want, in whatever way you feel comfortable. Singaporeans of every race and culture are warm and friendly, and they will greet you with warmth on this day.
The city also has numerous other tourist attractions apart from the traditional fairs and festivals. There are many parks, gardens, waterfalls and even wildlife sanctuaries and national parks scattered around the city. These parks, waterfalls and wildlife sanctuaries act as great rejuvenating retreats for the tired tourists.
Besides the traditional fairs and festivals, Singapore has its own version of a shopping extravaganza too. Shopping is the national pastime of the Singaporeans, and they celebrate the day by going to malls and shopping centres to buy all kinds of wares and merchandise. Many international brands to come to Singapore as part of their PR stunts and hence it is a great opportunity for the tourists to shop at one of the most prominent malls in town. Other than this, there are a plethora of fun fairs and carnivals that you can enjoy during the days and nights. All these and more make Singapore a truly fantastic place to visit and spend your vacation.