Melissa Rivers is an American stand up comedienne and writer. She is also the only daughter of late stand up comic poet and producer Edgar Rosenberg and comic performer Lenny Bruce. Her early life was beset with incidents that inspired her to draw and pursue a career in stand up comedy. As an actress, Melissa Rivers has appeared in several films, including Good Morning, Bad Day and Grease. On both these films, she played opposite Goldie Hawn, and numerous other well-known stars.
Growing up in southern California, Melissa Rivers had a close relationship with her father, a well-known playwright and producer. As a child, Melissa would often visit his Los Angeles home on a regular basis, where he would give her the inside scoop on all the latest Hollywood news. Melissa’s mother on the other hand, worked as a secretary in a printing shop, allowing Melissa to see her early life as an actress.
When Melissa Rivers was young, her family also had a rather large family. Her mother was an artist, and as a way of coping, she would take writing classes from local authors. As a teenager, Melissa Rivers began appearing on stage, first on Broadway, then on television shows. After becoming a famous face on television, Melissa Rivers also established a name for herself in the world of theatre. She began playing various characters on stage, including The Stepford Wives, Gidget, and High School Musical, which earned her three awards at the 1980 Academy Awards, as well as being one of the best performing comedies of that year.
Melissa Rivers Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 20 January 1968
- Birth Place: New York City, New York, USA
- Birth Name: Melissa Warburg Rosenberg
- Nickname: Melissa
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Occupation: Television host, Producer, Actress, Philanthropist, Animal advocate
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Judaism
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Light Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Melissa Rivers Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 121 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 55 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 5″
- Height in Meters: 1.65 m
- Body Build/Type: Slim
- Body Measurements: N/A
- Bust Size: N/A
- Waist Size: N/A
- Hips Size: N/A
- Bra Size/Cup Size: N/A
- Feet/Shoe Size: 6.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
Melissa Rivers Family Details
- Father: Edgar Rosenberg (Film and television producer)
- Mother: Joan Rivers (Legendary comedienne)
- Spouse/Husband: John Endicott (m. 1998-2003)
- Children: Edgar Cooper Endicott (Son)
- Siblings: None
- Partner: Jason Zimmerman (2008-2012)
Melissa Rivers Education
- John Thomas Dye School
- Marlborough School
- The Buckley School
- University of Pennsylvania (1989)
Melissa Rivers Facts
- She was born in New York City on January 20, 1968.
- Her father, Edgar Rosenberg, committed suicide in 1987.
- She is a 1989 graduate of University of Pennsylvania.
- She credits her mother, Joan Rivers, as her favorite mentor/best friend and her real-life mother.
- She hosted fashion on the red carpet interviews for the E! cable network with her mother, comedian Joan Rivers.
- She enjoys tennis and surfing in her spare time.
- She dated sports coach Jason Zimmerman from 2008 to 2011.
- She currently resides in Los Angeles with her son and two dogs.
Melissa Rivers began a producing career in the 1970s, with such notable movies as Baby Did a Bad Thing, A History Of Women and There’s Something About Mary. In addition to her screen credits, Melissa Rivers has also produced some stage plays, most notably A Raisin in the Sun and As Young As You. Today, Melissa Rivers is best known for hosting her own television series, Married with Children, and is currently working on a new project.
Melissa Rivers is a mother, a daughter, and a producer. As a woman in a tough business environment, she rose above the stereotypes that surrounded her profession and became a true celebrity in her own right. Through hard work, self-sufficiency and a strong work ethic, Melissa Rivers achieved success in a tough business world. Today, as a celebrity apprentice, she is able to help other women to break into the glamorous world of show business, where success is a daily possibility.
For years, Melissa Rivers was able to live a simple lifestyle that were afforded by her upbringing, as well as that of her parents and grandparents. She never allowed herself to feel trapped by her upbringing and instead used her opportunities to expand her horizons and learn about different cultures. Melissa Rivers is an amazing actress, producer and mother. By using her past to achieve success today, she is making an incredible impact in the entertainment industry.