Memorial Day is a very somber occasion, as it marks the end of one year of life. It is also the last day that a person can give something to their family or friends, as a final gift before they officially become an Expatriate. Here are some Memorial Day quotes and poems to help you along the way.
“In Loving Memory” by F.K. Kennedy; this famous quote has been inscribed on the wall of the Kennel Club’s Washington Park Lodge since 1950. Ever think about how much a beloved pet meant to the owner? The greatest appreciation we can give to our loved ones after their loss is to take them to the highest level in life – a place of eternal rest. The Kennel Club has a lovely phrase on its wall that reads “In Loving Memory, Forever Lasting Memorial”.
“The Best Loved Ones” by Robert Frost; this lovely poem was published in The Saturday Evening Post, a periodical which still exists. We are so lucky to have a free press in this modern era. The internet also offers free press, but what about print media? Many people are turning to memorial day quotes on the internet, as well as poems and articles. Many websites also offer free resources, while others include ads. The newspaper can be invaluable in gathering information for this and other important days of the year.
“You Can’t Go Wrong with Two Shorts” by Joseph Campbell; this famous line was immortalized by an animated character in the movie, Toy Story 3. You’ll never go wrong with a short inspirational quote. There are many options for inspirational quotes that can bring tears to your loved one’s eyes. The single most powerful quote is still “You Are Never Too Old To Remember.” A beautiful affirmation to remember the special gift of life.
Memorial Day Messages 2021 – Happy Memorial Day Quotes
1. All of us owe a debt to all those heroes who fought for our country, to whom we could never repay for their bravery and dedication….. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day!!!
2. Memorial Day is the day to reminder to always remember the great sacrifices of our armed forces who did everything they could to defend our country and countrymen….. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to you.
3. A true American never asks what a country can do for him….. He always asks himself what he can do for his nation….. Let us celebrate Memorial Day with this noble thought…. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day.
4. Freedom always comes with a heavy price….. We also lost so many soldiers of our nation who fought to guard our freedom…. Though they will never return they will always stay alive in our memories….. Happy Memorial Day to you all.
5. Memorial Day celebrations are incomplete without saluting the strong and dedicated soldiers who sacrificed their lives for us….. Wishing you all a very Happy Memorial Day….. Let us remember and honor their bravery!!!
Happy Memorial Day Wishes Greetings
6. These fallen legends tell us about the strong character of a country that is nurtured with patriotism and pride….. Let us honor these brave men on the occasion of Memorial Day.
7. Never miss on an opportunity to go something good for the nation….. Memorial Day is the day to take inspiration from these motivating souls who lived for the country!!!
8. No love is better than love for the nation….. All those soldiers who laid their lives for the country have expressed the purest form of love in this world…. On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us promise to become patriots like them.
9. They are not there with us but they will always live in our memories….. Memorial Day is a sweet way to remember all the brave men and women who did not hesitate to give away their lives for the country.
10. We are a blessed county as our military has done every possible thing to get us freedom and protect us….. Make this Memorial Day special by remembering them in our prayers!!!
“A Time Of Peace and Friendship” by Charles Dickens; this classic book contains many of the best Memorial Day quotes. I would include this with all of my favorites, except for the last one. The author has it right; “A time of peace and friendship, when the shadow of death has laid no fear.” This beautiful saying brings hope to our nation as we prepare ourselves to remember and honor those who have given their lives for our great nation and its ideals. I hope you have enjoyed reading these Memorial Day quotes as much as I have enjoyed writing them.
In Loving Memory Tattoo Design by Karen Smith; I found this inspirational while surfing the internet. This tattoo is for those who have lost someone extremely close to them and want to commemorate their life by having a memorial day tattoo design. All lives are precious, so there is no reason to look down on those who have lost theirs. This tattoo can be on any part of the body, however, most people choose to place it on the back of the neck for the deep connection that it gives to others. Looking at this tattoo brings out memories of the person, so if you were lucky enough to know the person, you will always remember them fondly for the quality time you had spent together and the many adventures they shared. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to design a beautiful and meaningful tattoo to honor a friend or loved one.