Minnie Driver is an English-speaking American actress, model and singer. She is best known for her performances in films such as Grease, Wild Things, Pretty Woman, etc. For her major role as Skylar in the film Good Will Hunting, she went nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In addition to her acting work, Minnie Driver has also ventured into commercials and music videos. She rose to fame in the seventies and eighties due to her successful mini-musical album, I Want To Hold Your Hand. She also went into a relationship with musician and director Richard Melville.
Minnie Driver has also been featured in many television series, including a spinoff of the popular Disney Channel show, The Minnie Mouse Show. For the role of April Masters, Minnie played the role of evil headmistress Hilda Koronel. Her voice can be heard in the audio version of the video game. She later voiced the character of Wendy in the sequel of The Minnie Mouse and Hilda in the television series.
At the age of fourteen, Minnie Driver had the distinction of being the first African-American child to sing a duet with her mother at the opening of the New York Philharmonic’s New York Philharmonic concert. This was a great achievement for her. Later in life, Minnie became a singer and actress and has since gone on to star in some of the best films and musicals that have come out of Hollywood. As of today, Minnie Driver is best known for her role as the lead character in the musical smash, Broadway, opposite Ben Kingsley.
Minnie Driver Personal Life
- Date Of Birth: 31 January 1970
- Birth Place: Finsbury Park, London, England, UK
- Residence: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Birth Name: Amelia Fiona J. Driver
- Nickname: Minnie
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Occupation: Actress, Singer-songwriter
- Nationality: British
- Race/Ethnicity: White (English and Scottish)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Minnie Driver Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 141 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 64 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Meters: 1.78 m
- Body Shape: Hourglass
- Body Build/Type: Athletic
- Body Measurements: 36-26-36 in (91-66-91 cm)
- Breast Size: 36 inches (91 cm)
- Waist Size: 26 inches (66 cm)
- Hips Size: 36 inches (91 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 34B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 9.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
Minnie Driver Family Details
- Father: Ronnie Driver (Financier)
- Mother: Gaynor Churchward (Fabric Designer and former couture model)
- Spouse/Husband: Unmarried
- Children: Henry Story Driver (Son) (Born: September 5, 2008)
- Siblings: Kate Driver (Older Sister), Edward Churchward (Younger Step-Brother), Charlie Driver (Younger Step-Brother)
- Others: Leslie Driver (Half Uncle)
Minnie Driver Education
- Bedales School
- Collingham College
- Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art,
Minnie Driver Facts
- She was born in Finsbury Park, London on January 31, 1970, and was raised in Barbados.
- She is of English and Scottish descent on her father’s side.
- Her parents divorced when she was seven years old.
- She is a vegetarian.
- She used to work as a singer and jazz guitarist in London before she started her acting career.
- She got a tattoo of a red rose on her right butt cheek at age 15.
- She was once engaged to Josh Brolin.
Minnie plays the role of April, a young woman who works hard at her job as a telephone saleswoman. One day, she gets a call from her friend Alice (Ann-Margret) who tells her about some good will hunting (the episode is named after the famous TV show). Alice takes Minnie to a place where in she meets a zebra man (Kenny Brogan), who happens to be her great grandfather.
Minnie is very protective of Alice, and the two end up fighting quite a bit. Eventually, Alice helps Minnie win back the heart of her former boyfriend, Joe (John Lithgow), who happens to know her family history. Minnie goes on to meet her younger sister, Holly (Sally Field), who happens to be from another part of London. Minnie gets help from her old junior high school friend, Mikey (Eddie Murphy) and they band together to catch the criminal that had been tormenting Minnie’s grandmother, Marge (Sara Murphy). The plot eventually evolves around the question “What would Marge do?”
Minnie Driver has definitely proven that she can act. However, she has more than enough talent to shine in the big screen too. She has appeared in some pretty good films such as Pretty Woman and Las Vegas, and she even managed to score a Best Actress award for her role in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. Her love for film may be what pushes her to continue acting, and given her success in this genre, maybe it is time that she tried her hand at something a little less familiar. The sooner she does it, the better.