The first day of November commemorates the National Armed Forces Day, which is also known as Armistice Day. It is a somber occasion, as many people are angered by the war that has occurred during this time. On this day, people observe a minute of silence to remember all those who lost their lives fighting for their country. This day is also not to be mistaken with Veterans Day or Memorial Day, which are a few days later in the calendar. The reason for this is that Veterans Day was created to honor those who made the choice to put their lives on the line for the United States and while National Armed Forces Day is mainly created to honor the men and women of the military. In a way, these two holidays have become one.
There are a number of reasons why this national day has been created. One such reason is to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the beginning of World War I. This is an important event in the United States because it happened just before the nation entered the twentieth century. Since the First World War got underway, there have been a number of parades and other special events that have been held in the United States to remember the sacrifice that our soldiers made on that fateful day.
There are many events that happen on this particular day throughout the country. In fact, on the third Saturday of November, there are several parades in every town and city all over the United States to remember those who have given their lives in defense of this great country. At the same time, Veterans Day is celebrated in many communities around the nation with much more emphasis on getting people involved in volunteering for various programs that benefit veterans. Both of these events are widely regarded as major successes in how America approaches its duty to protect the citizens of the country from danger.
Another reason why this national holiday was created was to promote the idea that the armed forces are the line of defense for this great country. The military provides a tremendous amount of manpower and support for a very diverse society. Without the men and women of the military, the American economy would not be able to function the way it does today. As such, a lot of credit goes to the armed services for the way in which this country was able to come out of World War II stronger than it ever was before.
Armed Forces Day Wishes, Status & Quotes:
- “All thanks to the rough and tough men who are guarding our lives and the borders of our country day and night. Warm wishes on Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “On the occasion of Armed Forces Day, let us express our gratitude to all those men and women who have kept country before comfort…”
- “They are the heroes we all must follow because they are the ones who truly inspire us. Wishing a very Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Till the time we have our brave soldiers protecting our borders, we have nothing to fear. Thanks to these heroes. Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Armed Forces Day will remind each one of us that we are so blessed to have our strong and brave men sacrificing their lives for us. Let us thank them all…”
- “It takes guts to be in the army. It takes guts to die for your nation. Wishing a very Happy Armed Forces Day to our soldiers…”
Happy Armed Forces Day Messages:
- “A soldier is not just an army man…. He is also a son, a brother, a husband, a father and a friend…. Salute to all those families and friends who send their sons to join the army and take care of the country…. A very Happy National Armed Forces Day to you…”
- “Let us not only honour the soldier who sacrifices his life for the country but also his family who honours this sacrifice with pride…. Let us bow our heads to these brave soldiers and their families….. Wishing you a very Happy Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “Let us pray for all our soldiers and armed forces on USA Armed Forces Day for they are the ones who keep us save each and every day…”
- “Each and every day they dedicate every moment of their lives in the service of our motherland…. They are our real heroes…. Happy USA Armed Forces Day 2021…”
- “We can sleep comfortably because we have our soldiers guarding our borders….. We can celebrate all the festivals because we know our army men are there to take care of the emergencies…. Let us send our warm wishes on Happy Armed Forces Day to our army….”
The sacrifice that our military makes goes far beyond those who die in uniform. The families of these soldiers often face an uphill battle when trying to cope with the death of a loved one. On that same day, there are also activities and programs that are organized in many cities and towns across the country to honor these sacrifices and to also raise funds for these noble and selfless military men and women.
Since the First World War, there have been numerous national days designated as a commemoration of this greatest generation of Americans who have given their lives for the nation. As we approach the three-year anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, it is important that we continue to recognize all of the sacrifices that our military made while fighting for our great nation. If you feel like you can make a difference by sponsoring or participating in a day honoring these brave people, you may want to do so. Each time that a family searches for answers and comfort in these sacrifices, they can take a look back and remember just what they have lost. It is important that we continue to uphold a day every year where we can all pay tribute to the fallen military members of our nation.