What better way to remember the day after Memorial Day than participating in a parade! Parades represent everything from statehood celebrations to parades with celebrities in them. They are an exciting and unique way to celebrate the day. They can be great fun for adults and kids alike. In fact, they are a great excuse to visit a neighborhood park or community fair.
The first day of the Memorial Day holiday commemorates the life of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. Many people know that the young man was murdered while trying to help blacks in other states achieve their right to vote. This is why his sacrifice is remembered on this day. On this day, every year, the United States celebrates Martin Luther King Day. It is important to remember this historical fact, as well as what the holiday represents today.
Parades are a lot of fun for people of all ages. In fact, I remember as a child going to a county fair with my father. We would get there early so that we could ride to the venue, which was across town. Once there, we would line the parade route with our friends. When the parade came by, we would be cheering and giving flags and beads to the performers on the parade.
For years, I have been involved with organizing such events. It is a great way to bring people together to celebrate the day. If you have never been to one of these events, you should do so. It is the highlight of the entire weekend. There is nothing quite like watching a huge crowd cheer for one person as they are being escorted down the street.
You may think that this kind of gathering is only for adults. Well, you would be very wrong! In fact, many children attend these events too. They love to be a part of the crowd and to have their pictures taken with all of their heroes. And it’s not only kids who are involved; many adults love to attend these celebrations as well.
Some of those who have attended in the past have become lifelong friends. It is truly an amazing experience to share such an important day with others. It will always remind you why you got out of bed in the morning in the first place.
Memorial Day Quotes for Loved Ones
- “They chose to serve the country till their last breath and they brought great honour to our country. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to everyone.”
- “Wishing my loved ones a very Happy Memorial Day. Let us express our gratitude towards our national heroes who will always be our pride.”
- “We are fortunate to be born on a land which has given birth to such inspiring heroes. In their memory, let us celebrate Memorial Day with high spirits.”
Memorial Day Quotes Thank you Messages
- “There are no words to thank our national heroes for the sacrifices they have made for all of us. Warm wishes on Memorial Day to all.”
- “Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Let us thank our national heroes for always standing for the safety of our country.”
- “On the occasion of Memorial Day, let us come together to express our gratitude towards the ones who have died for our nation. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.”
Memorial Day Message to a Friend
- A very Happy Memorial Day to you my friend. Let us celebrate this day by remembering and saluting all the brave men.
- Real heroes never die. They continue to live in our hearts and in our prayers. Happy Memorial Day.
- The veterans who lost their lives. Let us express gratitude to them for being real fighters. Warm wishes on Memorial Day.
Memorial Say Messages for Business
- We are progressing today because they are many who gave their lives yesterday. Remembering our heroes on Memorial Day.
- Wishing a very Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Let us thank our veterans for giving us a protected and prospering life.
- Happy Memorial Day to all our business associates. They did the best for our country and we can not be more thankful to them.
If you want to organize a themed Memorial Day Celebration, you can do that as well. What about a “Teddy Bear Memorial Day?” Or how about a “Celtic Homecoming” event? There are many options available.
If you want to do something different than what is traditional, you can also plan an outdoor day where you gather for meals, crafts, games, and more. You can even set up tents if you would like to create a more authentic National Memorial Day Celebration. It sounds pretty awesome to me.