National Nurses Week is observed every year during the second week of May. It is also known as Armed Forces Day and is dedicated to nurses who serve in all parts of the country. It is a time for recognition, appreciation, training and a get-together amongst nurses and their loved ones. With the overwhelming support and participation from colleagues, it is the right time to celebrate this special day with family, friends and colleagues.
To mark National Nurses Week, various activities, programs and awareness programs are conducted and various events are planned. Usually, it is celebrated during the first week of May. All over the United States, cities, colleges, universities and other medical establishments organize events and celebrations for their employees on this special day. Some of the best and most prominent organizations dedicated in supporting the cause of nursing are the American Nurses Association (ANA) and the Federation of American Nurses Associations (FANSA). Along with these, there are many other associations, societies, networks and groups that also take up the support and program of National Nurses Week.
One of the events organized for National Nurses Week is the Joint Resolution Awards Ceremony. The Joint Resolution Awards are given by the National Nurses Association (NNA) to recognize and reward exemplary nurses who have made outstanding contributions to the field of nursing. This is done in association with the American College of Nurse (ACN). The purpose of organizing this particular event is to celebrate and give recognition to those nurses who have made outstanding contributions in the past and are continuing to serve the nursing community. The person or persons eligible for the award may include but are not limited to, senior level managers, principal investigators, certified nursing specialists (CNS), physicians, dentists, medical students, researchers, and other nursing professionals.
Another event that is organized and celebrated throughout the year is the National Nurses Week Carnival. It is one of the largest national nursing week recognition events organized by national and state nursing organizations. The main highlight of the nursing week event is the opportunity for nurses to exchange ideas, experiences, and provide time and resources to each other. At the National Nurses Week Carnival, participants get the opportunity to demonstrate their skills and share new ideas with others. In order to enhance the connection among nurses from different nursing professions, national and state nursing organizations conduct special training sessions and exchange information and networking opportunities.
Nurses Day Wishes
- Happy Nurses Day to all the nurses who take the front rows in the battles against epidemics like the true warriors! Our respect to you!
- Happy Nurses Day to the kindest nurse around the globe! You worked with a heart full of love in order to divert every crisis and I salute you!
- Happy Nurses Day to an amazing nurse! Thank you for sacrificing most of your weekends on the patients instead of going to movies!
- Thank you so much for bringing hope into this hopeless world and nursing the infected society with your love and care. Happy Nurses Day!
- Even though your contribution deserves to be celebrated, allow us to show our gratitude towards your service on this special occasion. Happy Nurses Day!
Happy Nurses Week Messages
- Happy Nurses Week 2021! You inspire us with your compassion and dedication.
- Happy nurses week to all the wonderful nurses of the world! The dedication you show towards your job is marvelous and praiseworthy. Have a nice week!
- Let us dedicate this week to all the nurses who compromise their comfort to give their best services.
- Happy Nurses Week to all the amazing nurses. Your dedication towards your job and sacrifices for the patients undoubtedly deserves all the respect and praise.
- You are constantly overloaded with work and, too often, under-appreciated. Thank you to all the nurses for your care and compassion.
National Nurses Week also falls on the month of February, and is a time for nurses to connect with patients and showcase their nursing skills. The week starts with the first day of the week, February 3rd, and ends with the last day of the week, the following February 10th. On that day, nurses nationwide are encouraged to participate in the National Nurses Week Celebrations. In this week, nurses will be recognized and paid for their contributions to the nursing profession, while other hospitals and medical organizations across the country are celebrating the important role nurses play. Besides networking opportunities, there will also be special events hosted by prominent nurses’ organizations.
To commemorate the importance of nurses to society, each year the United States celebrates National Nurses Week, which is observed on the third Monday of February. This year’s observance marks the twenty-fifty-year anniversary of the National Nurses Act. In honoring the important role of nurses nationwide, the United States congress has designated the following year as National Nurses Week.