There are many Orthodox Christians who annually celebrate Christmas Day on January 7. Sometimes the date varies because they follow Julian Calendar. Most of the countries follow the Gregorian calendar but Orthodox Christians follow the Julian calendar. That is why their Christmas Day time changes.
They celebrate it to remember Jesus Christ’s birth, as it is described in Christians Bible. Christmas day is still on December 25 on Julian calendar but in the Gregorian calendar, it is on January 7. This date is valid from 1901 to 2100. After 2100 in the Gregorian calendar, Orthodox Christmas will be on the 8th of January.
When is Orthodox Christmas Day in ?
The Orthodox Christmas will be on 7 January 2023. The celebration of it began at 12:00 AM on Christmas Eve (January 6). Between the Gregorian Calendar and the Julian Calendar, there is 13 days gap. Now, most orthodox countries follow Gregorian calendar but they celebrate holidays on Julian Calendar.
History of Orthodox Christmas Day
Many Orthodox churches celebrate holidays following the Julian Calendar. In 1923 the Julian calendar was revised and it has many changes. But this revised calendar followed by a few churches, most of the Orthodox churches follows the Traditional Julian Calendar. There is little information about Jesus Christ’s birthday. But it is observed on 25 December internationally.
Celebration of Orthodox Christmas Day
The celebration of Orthodox Christmas Day is vary depending on the location and the country tradition. There are many Orthodox Christians peoples who fast on January 6, they exclude meat and dairy products on that day. On Christmas Day they enjoy the company of family and friends.
Merry Christmas Wishes
- Merry Christmas! May God showers your life with unlimited blessings on this day.
- May your Christmas be graced with peace, joy, and blessings! Merry Christmas to you!
- Hope this festive season will bring good luck and good health for you and your family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- May you receive all that you desire for and dream for. May this Christmas bring you all that you need in life. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas! And best wishes for a healthy, happy, and peaceful New Year. Love from the (insert your name).
- Wishing your holiday season be filled with sparkles of joy and love. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
- Wishing you a joyful time and a lot of pleasant memories of this season of love and magic. May all your dreams come true.
- I wish happiness surrounds you all around on this happy occasion. I hope you’ll have a great time with your friends and family!
- Wishing you a joy-filled Christmas season. May your holidays be spent in good cheers and unforgettable moments. Have a great time this Christmas!
- You’re the reason why this Christmas feels so special to me. So grateful for having you in my life. Merry Christmas!
- Merry Christmas, friend. Wishing you this Christmas will bring so much fun and happiness for you.