A proper Memorial Day greeting is always a good thing to remember loved ones that have passed away. It’s important to express your condolences and celebrate the life of the deceased, even if they have been gone for so long. There are many ways to say a proper Memorial Day greeting. Here are some suggestions.
Greeting cards are a nice way to show respect for the life of the deceased. If you do not send a card, try to find one in a store or online that has a memorial section. You can choose one that is close to where you live. It will make the day that much more special to those who are celebrating it in person.
Many people send flowers to their friends and family as a form of remembrance. If you are choosing a flower for a memorial, then you may want to do this in person. You can visit your local florist to see which ones are available to buy.
Some people prefer to send electronic greeting cards. These are sent through your email account. Choose the one that you like and then send it. This is a nice way to get your family and friends involved. They can also choose to receive these in the mail. If you do this, be sure to let them know it is a real card and not a joke.
Sometimes people will write notes to the people who have lost a loved one. Writing a handwritten note is OK. If you cannot write it all yourself, then find someone to help. You should not be afraid of telling them how you feel about their loss. Even if you do not know how, they will understand.
Paying last respects to someone you love or know is always difficult. It can bring a heavy burden on your shoulders. Sometimes, all you can think about is getting the proper Memorial day greeting for someone who has passed on. Putting a smile on your face and sending them a card is all you can really think about. Sending these cards is an important part of letting them know you are thinking of them and that you are sorry for the loss of their life but most of all you are pleased that they have gone into a more comfortable rest for yours.
Memorial Day Greetings
If you’re hosting a Memorial Day cookout or event this year, here’s some inspiration for your invitations. With a mix of shorter and longer messages, these Memorial Day message options are the perfect way to honor the spirit of the holiday in your cards or invitations.
- Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Let us remember those who courageously gave their lives.
- Join us as we remember and honor our heroes.
- Let’s use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
- Honoring our nation’s heroes on Memorial Day.
- We wish you a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who made a great sacrifice for us.
- Let’s remember our fallen service members with pride this Memorial Day.
- Together we pay homage to those who have given us our freedom.
- We salute our fallen and give thanks on this Memorial Day.
- Today we express our gratitude to our fallen heroes.
- In remembrance of our heroes on this Memorial Day.
- Wishing you a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who have made the greatest sacrifice.
- Sending you warm wishes on this day of remembrance.
- Honoring our heroes who served to hold our flag high.
- Let us gather together in celebration of those who have fallen.
Honorable Memorial Day Quotes
Sometimes a card or party decor calls for an inspiring or heartwarming quote of remembrance. These Memorial Day quotes pay respects to those servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, while carrying the spirit of their legacy.
- “May we never forget that freedom isn’t free.”
- “In memory of many, in memory of all”
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”
- “Never forget, ever honor”
- “Fallen, but not forgotten”
- “Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”
- “We come not to mourn our dead heroes but to praise them.”
- “Home of the free because of the brave”
- “We stand for the flag, we kneel for the fallen.”
- “All gave some, some gave all. Remember them this Memorial Day.”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
It brings back memories for many. Memories of a time in their life when they were much younger. As you get older, more memories come back. So it is important that as you get older, you start thinking about your younger years because you will never be able to live those memories again, you will only have those images in your mind.
Putting a proper card together is not hard. You can find many ideas online. There are also companies out there who specialize in making these cards. So you can easily find a company who will print it for you. Just remember to write a short eulogy on the back so people can read it and remember all the good times you had with this person.