Stephen Foster and American songwriter. This Memorial Day is observed on January 13 annually to the day he died. He has written 200 songs in his life. Foster is known as the “Father of American Music” since 1967. He was born in Lawrenceville, Pennsylvania, the USA on the 4th of July 1826.
He lived a short life, died on the 13th of January 1864. President Harry S. Truman proclaimed this on December 13, 1951. Stephen Foster is remembered for composing songs, which capture the spirit of the United States in the 19th century. Singer Melvin sang many songs from Foster’s catalog. Americans call him “America’s Troubadour”.
When is Stephen Foster’s Memorial Day in 2022?
On the 13th of January, the Stephen Foster Memorial Day will be held in 2022. Every year on this day it is observing in the United States. On this day the “America’s Troubadour” died. The Memorial Day of Stephen Foster has been observing since 1967.
Memorial Day Greetings 2022
If you’re hosting a Memorial Day cookout or event this year, here’s some inspiration for your invitations. With a mix of shorter and longer messages, these Memorial Day message options are the perfect way to honor the spirit of the holiday in your cards or invitations.
- Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Let us remember those who courageously gave their lives.
- Join us as we remember and honor our heroes.
- Let’s use today to count our blessings and stand proud.
- Honoring our nation’s heroes on Memorial Day.
- We wish you a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who made a great sacrifice for us.
- Let’s remember our fallen service members with pride this Memorial Day.
- Together we pay homage to those who have given us our freedom.
- We salute our fallen and give thanks on this Memorial Day.
- Today we express our gratitude to our fallen heroes.
- In remembrance of our heroes on this Memorial Day.
- Wishing you a memorable Memorial Day weekend.
- Today we honor those who have made the greatest sacrifice.
- Sending you warm wishes on this day of remembrance.
- Honoring our heroes who served to hold our flag high.
- Let us gather together in celebration of those who have fallen.
Honorable Memorial Day Quotes 2022
Sometimes a card or party decor calls for an inspiring or heartwarming quote of remembrance. These Memorial Day quotes pay respects to those servicemen and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice, while carrying the spirit of their legacy.
- “May we never forget that freedom isn’t free.”
- “In memory of many, in memory of all”
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”
- “Never forget, ever honor”
- “Fallen, but not forgotten”
- “Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”
- “We come not to mourn our dead heroes but to praise them.”
- “Home of the free because of the brave”
- “We stand for the flag, we kneel for the fallen.”
- “All gave some, some gave all. Remember them this Memorial Day.”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
Famous Memorial Day Quotes 2022
With Memorial Day playing a big part in our culture, it’s no surprise that there’s a growing collection of quotes from famous figures and celebrities. These Memorial Day quotes work well as a standout greeting on one side of your invitation or as a dedication below your event details.
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices.” – Harry S. Truman
- “For the love of country they accepted death, and thus renounced all debts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.” – James A. Garfield
- “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.” – Barack Obama
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Stephen Foster Biography
Foster born on 4th July 1826 and died on 13th January 1864. Stephen Foster’s success came after his death. He only made around $200 dollars for each song. He lived struggled life, he wasn’t rich. He died at the age of 37, he was living in a hotel and got hurt in his head by a fall.
Stephen Foster’s Memorial Day Celebration
It was first celebrated in 1967. Stephen Foster Memorial Day is celebrated by remembering him. Many concerts held in the US to tribute Foster. A concert performs each year at the park that was named after his honor. All the peoples of America should give him a proper tribute.