Toni Braxton was born in segregated Mississippi in 1931. Toni is best known for her recordings of gospel and jazz music, as well as being a popular singer and piano player. Toni Braxton was also a talented gymnast, competing in both the decathlon and track and field events at the University of Southern Miss. Her athletic achievements earned her a scholarship to the U.S. Olympic Training Camps in Dallas, Texas. While there, Toni met her future husband, jazz singer and composer Larry Braxton.
In November of 2021, Toni Braxton was featured on the cover of People Magazine’s “Best-Cover” issue. This gave her the opportunity to discuss her love of music and how she used her talents to bring joy to many people through her music. In the article, Toni discusses her love of public speaking, stating that whenever she gives a speech, she always makes sure she has good eyesight and hearing so that she can be effective in her speaking. Toni believes that it is important to use positive messages, which she does, to help her patients deal with their problems.
Toni Braxton Personal Details
- Date Of Birth: 7 October 1966
- Birth Place: Severn, Maryland, USA
- Birth Name: Toni Michelle Braxton
- Nick Name: Toni
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: African-American
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
Toni Braxton Body Statistics
- Weight in Pounds: 121 lbs
- Weight in Kilogram: 55 kg
- Height in Feet: 5′ 2″
- Height in Meters: 1.57 m
- Body Measurements: 34-26-34 in (87-66-87 cm)
- Breast Size: 34 inches (87 cm)
- Waist Size: 26 inches (66 cm)
- Hips Size: 34 inches (87 cm)
- Bra Size/Cup Size: 34B
- Feet/Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
Toni Braxton Family Details
- Father: Michael Conrad Braxton (Methodist)
- Mother: Evelyn Jackson (Singer and Pastor)
- Spouse: Keri Lewis (m. 2001-2013)
- Children: Denim Cole Braxton-Lewis, Diezel Ky Braxton-Lewis
- Siblings: Towanda Braxton, Trina Braxton, Tamar Braxton, Traci Braxton, Michael Conrad Braxton Jr.
- Others: Sister-in-law of Vincent Herbert
Toni Braxton Education
- Bowie State University
- She attended Bowie State University to pursue a teaching degree.
Toni Braxton Facts
- She has four younger sisters: Traci Braxton (b. 1971), Towanda Braxton (b. 1973), Tamar Braxton (b. 1977) and Trina Braxton (b. 1978).
- All 4 of her sisters (Towanda, Tamar, Traci and Trina) and her first name begin with the letter “T”.
- Her youngest son, Diesel, has autism.
Toni Braxton was married to jazz singer and composer Larry Lewis for twenty-one years before she gained independence. Toni states that the couple’s relationship was like a flame that never died. Larry Lewis died in January of 2021. Toni was deeply affected by the death of her husband, as she considers him to be a great role model for her children.
In her interview for “The New York Times Book Review,” Toni Braxton discussed her plans for the next four studio albums she will be producing. She states that she will continue to work with Larry Lewis, as they share a similar vision of creating meaningful songs. Toni believes that working with a mentor like Larry Lewis is a vital step to achieving success in her career. Toni also welcomes the chance to collaborate again with her former wife, Keri Lewis. Toni is particularly excited about the prospect of writing new material with her friend, as she had a difficult time reconciling her marriage with her jazz career.
Toni Braxton has confirmed that she will be releasing a new solo album titled “Loving You: A Memorable Memoir” in the first half of 2021. The single song from the album will be released in June. The song is inspired by Toni’s love of children, as she was a foster parent for several years. Toni Braxton has also confirmed that she will be releasing a second studio album titled “Just Friends” in the first half of 2021. The song is inspired by Toni’s friendship with her friend, Keri Lewis.
It has been almost 20 years since Toni Braxton released her first single, “I Just Called Your Name”. The singer-songwriter has notched up eleven studio albums and numerous other numbers throughout her lifetime, many of which peaked at number one on the US pop chart. “I Just Called Your Name” was Toni’s first US chart topping single and remains to this day one of her most popular songs. Toni Braxton has yet to release an album of original material since her “I Just Called Your Name” debut, although she did release a duet CD with fellow country singer Shelena Jovovich in the early 1990s.