World Leprosy Day 2021: World Leprosy Day is observed around the world every year to make public awareness. Leprosy is a chronic disease which is known as Hansen’s disease. It is observed on the last Sunday of January each year. The date was chosen by a French writer and philanthropist Raoul Follereau. The date was chosen to give tribute to the life of Mahatma Gandhi. It is the oldest disease in the world. The disease targets the cool parts of the body such as feet, face, hand, etc. On this day the Leprosy organizations hold many events to raise awareness about it.
We’ve added everything related to this Celebration. This is a festival under Health Category. So, you just need to celebrate this Day to inform people. Your celebration will make the people attentive to this. Let’s know more about this content and find out the best process to celebrate.
When is World Leprosy Day in 2021?
The World Leprosy Day going to be observed on the 24th of January 2021. Basically, it is observed on the last Sunday (closest to 29 January) of January each year. The day is celebrated worldwide. World Leprosy Day is not a public or official holiday. So, it’s not an off day.
Sunday, January 24
It is a chronic disease and the oldest disease in the world. The aim of the World Leprosy Day is to make the awareness of the Leprosy and that disease can be cured easily. The date for World Leprosy Day was chosen to associate with the anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on January 30, 1948.
The date is celebrated to raising the awareness of the Leprosy. Many NGOs hold public events where they spread awareness. Many medical doctors give a speech about it. Seminars and workshops are held to address leprosy to reduce the social stigma faced by leprosy patients.
World Leprosy Day Quotes
- Loneliness is the leprosy of the modern world. – Mother Teresa
- ‘Linux is a leprosy’ – This statement is not grammatically or factually correct. – Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- When nations are to perish in their sins, ’tis in the Church the leprosy begins. – William Cowper
- The leprosy of unreality disfigured every human creature in attendance. – Charles Dickens
- The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted. – Mother Teresa
- It has always been my concern to touch people with leprosy, trying to show in a simple action that they are not reviled, nor are we repulsed. – Princess Diana
- I took up leprosy work. Not to help anyone, but to overcome that fear in my life. That it worked out good for others was a by-product. But the fact is: I did it to overcome fear. – Baba Amte
- Marriage is better than leprosy only because it’s easier to get rid of. – W. C. Fields
Leprosy Day is an International Event that celebrates on too many countries. So, you can choose your local rules for this celebration to celebrate this Day. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask here on the comment box. Our support team will contact you very soon.